Popular Bike Shops
Join the Cycling Forums on Strava
Australian Cycling Forums on Strava
Latest Reviews and Articles
Will your next bike be Intelligent? ABS and Smart Bike Tech
Vitus Vitesse EVO Disc Review – Speed Machine indeed!
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:29 pm
we're new comers in Brisbane and together with my girlfriend we'll be living here for many years (work reasons).
We come from a town in Italy (Ferrara) nicknamed 'Bicycle town' ( http://italy-travel.suite101.com/articl ... of-cycling ) I suggest everybody to have a look on the website!
I've bought a bike here but my girlfriend is still looking for one, possibly retro style with basket on front.
Is there a good way to buy a bike like this here in Brissie (or in the surrounding areas)? We've already been to 99bikes in Chermside but we didn't find anything. I've sought on Internet (ebay, indianbicycleshop, etc.) but there's a very limited choice.
Can anyone help us? Even used it would be ok!!
Thanks for your help!
- Posts: 1455
- Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:02 pm
- Location: Lawnton, 25k north of Brisbane
There is also Ridgeway Cycles on Stafford Rd, Everton Park, they are very helpfull and have all sorts of retro-style bikes, as well as dragsters, cruisers, bmx, mtb, road, etc.....
- Posts: 1102
- Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:50 pm
- Location: West End, Brisbane
- Posts: 281
- Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:39 pm
- Location: Brisbane
Peugeot Versailles - Fixie
Peugeot U08 - Poser
Repco Nishiki - Single Speed
- Posts: 93
- Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:06 pm
- Location: Thornleigh, SYDNEY, NSW, AUSTRALIA
Here's a link to our picture gallery of bikes repainted and sold (we have another picture gallery of a few hundred more restored bikes but they're not repainted).
Cheers Lucy (sydneyvintagebikes)!
- Posts: 1076
- Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:26 pm
- Location: Brisbane
- General Australian Cycling Topics
- Info / announcements
- Buying a bike / parts
- General Cycling Discussion
- The Bike Shed
- Cycling Health
- Cycling Safety and Advocacy
- Women's Cycling
- Bike & Gear Reviews
- Cycling Trade
- Stolen Bikes
- Bicycle FAQs
- Serious Biking
- Audax / Randonneuring
- Retro biking
- Fixed Gear/ Single Speed
- Electric Bicycles
- Dragsters / Lowriders / Cruisers
- Children's Bikes
- Road Racing
- Road Biking
- Time Trial
- International and National Tours and Events
- Cycle Touring
- Touring Australia
- Touring Overseas
- Touring Bikes and Equipment
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Country & Regional
- The Market Place
- Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales
- Want to Buy, Group Buy, Swap
- My Bikes or Gear Elsewhere
- Cycling Brands
- Malvern Star
- Custom Builders
- Generic Carbon
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users
About the Australian Cycling Forums
The largest cycling discussion forum in Australia for all things bike; from new riders to seasoned bike nuts, the Australian Cycling Forums are a welcoming community where you can ask questions and talk about the type of bikes and cycling topics you like.