Ride to Conquer Cancer 2011

Re: Ride to Conquer Cancer 2011

Postby RobM » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:09 am

Lets all be friends and hug this out :D

Now......who wants to donate $2500 to me so i dont need to worry about fundraising anymore :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
RobM

by BNA » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:28 am

BNA

Postby dodge » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:28 am

Who are the arseclowns on Facebook Biatching on the RTCC page about having to raise money....kate and damien if i remember rightly...poor form going onto their page to complain....If you don't want to raise money then don't enter the ride.. :roll:
Size 14..first of the overeaters
dodge

Postby Drunkmonkey » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:50 am

Dimma wrote:Sorry, but you had nothing to do with it.
Great news that you've put ur hand up to register, what side of town are you on?

Im on the Northside.
Drunkmonkey

Postby Drunkmonkey » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:54 am

dodge wrote:Who are the arseclowns on Facebook Biatching on the RTCC page about having to raise money....kate and damien if i remember rightly...poor form going onto their page to complain....If you don't want to raise money then don't enter the ride.. :roll:

1 of the arseclowns actually registered for the ride, the other one did not, but says they did :wink: :lol:
Drunkmonkey

Postby dodge » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:13 pm

Drunkmonkey wrote:
dodge wrote:Who are the arseclowns on Facebook Biatching on the RTCC page about having to raise money....kate and damien if i remember rightly...poor form going onto their page to complain....If you don't want to raise money then don't enter the ride.. :roll:

1 of the arseclowns actually registered for the ride, the other one did not, but says they did :wink: :lol:

hmm not surprised :lol:
Size 14..first of the overeaters
dodge

Postby elizabethw » Sat May 07, 2011 7:23 pm

Hi everyone

I seems I started a debate about this ride.

I have registered and have raised $3505 towards the event. This event means so much to me it’s a challenge but also its my way of doing something for my Dad who died from cancer at the age of 62 which is just too young. I lost my best friend to cancer she was 32 years old and left behind two gorgeous little boys.

I have worked hard to raise the funds but I have found so many people are affected by this disease either by getting it or having someone close to them suffering and they want to help and give what they can.

So please put this in perspective why are we doing this ride its going to help Cancer research and may help someone you know or someone in your family.

Watch the videos on Utube about the people who have participated in this event in Canada.. see the reasons why and see their faces and what it has meant to them…

This is going to be something that I know will stay with me all my life that I have helped someone to live or have better treatment because I raised some money towards research.

Yes its not easy raising the money but its not easy surviving cancer or helping someone who has cancer.

Anyway that’s my two bits..

Cheers
elizabethw

Postby dobby » Sun May 08, 2011 12:42 pm

Here here Liz

signed RN
dobby

Postby avantidude » Tue May 24, 2011 7:52 pm

punk_rob wrote:Hi
My partner and i will hopefully signing up for this soon. Ive been riding for 1.5yrs and she doesnt even own a bike yet! :D but shes a tuff gal and im sure she'll be fine. Are you on the southside? Once i do a few training rides with her and get her confidence up, itd be good to do a few group rides with others signed up.

How have you been finding the fund raising side? Ive never done that before and raising $2500 sounds like heaps. Has anyone ever not been allowed to ride due to low donations?

Cheers
Rob

Great stuff Rob
avantidude

Postby RobM » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:30 am

Is anyone else going to the SunSuper Training ride on sat morning? Would be good to meet up with some BNA members...
RobM

Previous

Return to Queensland