Mooloolaba Rides

Neumo

Mooloolaba Rides

Postby Neumo » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:50 pm

Hey guys
Going up to Mooloolaba towards the beggining of December.
I am wondering if many of you know any good, fast and hard rides up there?
Must occur on wednesdays, thursday and fridays
Thanks mitch

MountGower

Re: Mooloolaba Rides

Postby MountGower » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:13 pm

G'day

I will also be in Mooloolaba for the first half of December. I have done this for the last five years and taken my bike each time. Rides leave from the waterfront at Mooloolaba every morning of the week and vary in distance. One goes to Noosa and one to the mountains, but the majority of them go to Golden Beach and then stop for coffee at Caloundra on the way back.

Apparently the return journey on all of them is a flog fest. I don't stop as I need to get back without holding up the family's holiday. There's usually others in the same boat. I can't remember if they kick off at 6am or 6.30am. Try 6am on the first day and be prepared for a dash to Moorochydore and back if noone's there. I know that a group of triathletes leave Alex Surf Club very early some days, but don't know the details. There is bound to be a bike shop you can ask.

I have a red Cinelli Unica / Zondas. Say g'day. If I don't see you, have a good holiday and definately do not leave the bike at home. This is not neccessary.

Cheers.

russellgarrard

Postby russellgarrard » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:56 pm

Spin City Cycles, Brisbane RD, Mooloolaba if you need a bicycle shop :)

Myself, I just ride around when I feel like it, never been a group person. Nice run from Mooloolaba to the Airport and back though.

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:05 pm

bendertiger wrote:Spin City Cycles, Brisbane RD, Mooloolaba if you need a bicycle shop :)

Myself, I just ride around when I feel like it, never been a group person. Nice run from Mooloolaba to the Airport and back though.
Was just up there (staying in Golden Beach). Went for a group ride with some folks from "Get Biking" at Caloundra (which some refer to as "Spin City Cycles Caloundra"). We did a loop from Caloundra up to Mooloolaba, via Sippy Downs. I started with the "slow" group and left them for dead, then the "fast" group whizzed by and told me to jump on the back, so when I caught them after 6km of flat out pedalling (I was doing 45-50km/h trying to catch them!), I was easily able to stay with the bunch. From Mooloolaba we headed back to Caloundra by initially going down Nicklin Way, then heading down Pt Cartwright Drive and right onto Oceanic Dr, which is almost dead straight for what seems an eternity. We had a 10 cyclist pace line running at 50km/h down this nice suburban street....it was unreal!

I also did Golden Beach to Noosa and back on my own. That was a nice ride, except for the Toyota 4WD Driving Mooloolaba Bogans on the way back (Aerodrome Rd). Spoiled an otherwise perfect ride.
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

russellgarrard

Postby russellgarrard » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:25 am

Wouldn't have a plate on the bogans would you?

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:34 pm

bendertiger wrote:Wouldn't have a plate on the bogans would you?
QLD 136-IVW Dark Blue Toyota 4WD
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

russellgarrard

Postby russellgarrard » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:49 pm

Doesn't ring too much of a bell, I'll keep an eye out for it though.

07 5475 2444 (Maroochydore station)
13HOON (QLD's new hooning phone line)
Nambour (North Coast Region traffic branch) 07 5459 0200

Thanks :) Be much appreciated if you could tell them what you know

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:50 pm

bendertiger wrote:Doesn't ring too much of a bell, I'll keep an eye out for it though.

07 5475 2444 (Maroochydore station)
13HOON (QLD's new hooning phone line)
Nambour (North Coast Region traffic branch) 07 5459 0200

Thanks :) Be much appreciated if you could tell them what you know
I saw the news article where they launched the new hotline, but it was after my little encounter, and the hotline is not open yet. I have decided that in 2011 I am going to get a Camera for the bike because I am sick of these morons, and it helps that I have just my word against theirs.
The two lowlifes that went past me were stereotypical bogans to the letter. Big 4WD with oversized tyres, occupants had bogan drawl accent, were wearing singlets and covered in tatts. The only thing missing was a personalised licence plate with some stupid word on it (which make it super easy to remember!)