Brisbane to Sydney bike trip

Brisbane to Sydney bike trip

Postby Jinbao » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:28 pm

Hi

I'm planning a ride from Brisbane to Sydney from Jan 4th to 21st. Need a bike though.

Does anyone know where I could rent a bike in Brisbane that would allow me to drop it off in Sydney?

Also, anyone done this trip before? Any advice, links, contacts would be great.

Thanks
Jinbao

by BNA » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:00 am

BNA

Re: Brisbane to Sydney bike trip

Postby elantra » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:00 am

Jinbao wrote:Hi

I'm planning a ride from Brisbane to Sydney from Jan 4th to 21st. Need a bike though.

Does anyone know where I could rent a bike in Brisbane that would allow me to drop it off in Sydney?

Also, anyone done this trip before? Any advice, links, contacts would be great.

Thanks

Hi Jin, i think you will find it is impossible to hire a bicycle and not return it to the same place.

Also, Brisbane to Sydney is almost 1000 km, probably considerably more distance if you void the main highways, which iss necessary for your safety and enjoyment.

So you are quite sensible to allow more than 2 weeks for this ride, and the cost of renting a bicyce for this time would be uneconomic.

You would be much better to buy a used bicycle in Brisbane and then sell it in Sydney.

Do you want to ride mostly along the coast or do you want to ride some of the distance away from the coast ?
"Technology gives us much more information but Education is never be able to give us the skill to evaluate it"
elantra

Return to Queensland