When will this rain ever stop???

Re: When will this rain ever stop???

Postby marinmomma » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:51 pm

Just watched the news showing all footage from Toowoomba today...difficult to remember that this was Qld not overseas :(
Lisa
marinmomma

by BNA » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:07 pm

BNA

Postby Oxford » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:07 pm

yep I think I might actually get some full mudguards for the commuter, so just so everyone knows, after I fit them, the rain will stop. probably about thursday/friday this week.
Building more roads to prevent congestion is like a fat man loosening his belt to prevent obesity.
- Lewis Mumford
Oxford

When will this rain ever stop???

Postby Comedian » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:20 pm

Oxford wrote:yep I think I might actually get some full mudguards for the commuter, so just so everyone knows, after I fit them, the rain will stop. probably about thursday/friday this week.

Good work taking one for the team. :)
Once you can climb hills on a bike it's all downhill. :mrgreen:

Hopefully I'll know what that's like..... one day. :shock: :lol:

Comedian

Postby dant » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:05 pm

Rode in monday but didn't today as it wasn't raining when I left Monday but then soaked my shoes after I had gone about 5kms. Didn't fancy the wet shoe shuffle this morning. Work sent us home early and told us to wing it tomorrow. I was intending to ride in tomorrow but some have said it is supposed to be worse than 74. I work on North Quay and come from Kuraby (normally SE freeway less detours around those stormwater sections).

Will it be even remotely possible tomorrow with detours if the rain keeps up? I'm not a kamikaze - just don't mind riding in the rain. All of this would be quite amazing if it wasn't so serious for some.

Cheers.
dant

Postby laager » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:34 pm

Last edited by laager on Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
laager

Postby dfc. » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:25 pm

Even if the rain stops and when the flooding goes down, won't all the city bike paths be broken and lost. It will take weeks before they are all repaired, espicially the Toombul to Nudgee Beach Path (Jim Soorley Path) :( :cry:
Visit my website https://sites.google.com/site/dfccyclesandautomotive/Owner of:

2006 Malvern Star Cobra (Mountain Bike)

2011 Trek 7.3FX (Flat Bar Road Bike) Just delivered!
dfc.

Postby schurms » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:26 pm

I rode in from Parkinson today - Mountain Bike time - to Coro Drive. I work opposite the Drift restaurant on Coro drive. Told to go at 12pm and all the back ways out of lang parade were flooded. No commuting for a couple of days as we are all working from home to ensure safety of everyone. Interesting times...
schurms

Postby Comedian » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:38 pm

dfc. wrote:Even if the rain stops and when the flooding goes down, won't all the city bike paths be broken and lost. It will take weeks before they are all repaired, espicially the Toombul to Nudgee Beach Path (Jim Soorley Path) :( :cry:

I put a thread up about QLD floods including some photos I took of KBB this afternoon. :shock:

http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=36487&view=unread#unread

Yep, I agree it will be weeks until the bikeway is all fixed but I'll let them off as they probably will have far more important things to attend to. If it's not raining tomorrow, and work doesn't allow me back then I'll be going for a ride to Redcliffe via Sandgate road I think :shock:
Once you can climb hills on a bike it's all downhill. :mrgreen:

Hopefully I'll know what that's like..... one day. :shock: :lol:

Comedian

Previous

Return to Queensland