Proposed wet weather bike path route

Proposed wet weather bike path route

Postby MountGower » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:21 pm

G'day

On my way home the other day I detoured down the Kedron Brook path to see how thing are progressing. It seems that they are not yet finished regressing, with a section closed at Gympie Rd Kedron near Stafford Rd and some parts must now be inundated aswell. Boondall Wetlands, Toombull, behind Virginia Soccer Club at the crit track etc.

A few times this year I have done a 160km bike path ride that incorporates this path and it was rideable all the way not so long ago.

I am going stir crazy, on the verge of regretting the sale of my boring as bat showtime mag trainer a few months ago. So I am thinking of a decent ride on paths omitting the swamps of the north. It doesn't have to be 160km or any great distance. Perhaps just an opportunity to turn the pedals at whatever the speed of the slowest rider is, marvel at the amount of water everywhere and just ride the bloody bike somewhere.

My original thoughts are: departing Southbank, cliffs, Story Bridge, floating thingy, Tenneriffe, Newstead House, skinny path along river, back streets to Gateway Bridge, Bulimba Creek path, SE Freeway path back to Southbank. Followed by an out and back to Forrest Lake or where ever the Centenary Path terminates. People can use Southbank to cut the ride in two, doing one leg or the other. The order could be swapped.

Tell me when and I'll be there. Tell me not and I'll be there anyway soon enough. I'm over this weather.
MountGower

Return to Queensland