The Great Tubeless Sealant Offer of 2011

Postby MountGower » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:45 pm

G'day

Recently I took the plunge and mixed up my own sealant. I've done this before, but this batch I made using no premixed or premanufactured items, as much as possible.

The new Deano Magic recipie is 50% Latex, 37.5% Water and 12.5% food grade propylene glycol. I have also sourced little rubber specs which I can give you for chunkulation.

The idea would be to remove 100ml to air up your tyres and seal the bead. Then add the specs to the mix for future punctures. I can let you have a maximum of two one litre containers for $15 each. This is purely cost recovery, slightly rounded up. Will make over one litre with the rubber specs.

I'm making this offer because I made four litres and hardly use sealant at all, so I would rather it got used and I can make a fresh batch when ever in the future. The other reason is to get feedback on the sealant itself and your thoughts on how much rubber specs to add, thickness, etc.

Obviously it's not a guarenteed product, but I can't see why it won't work. I know a bloke who just uses 50/50 latex and water and there's a bloke on MTBR using 50% latex and 50% wiper fluid. I've also been making my own sealant for a couple of years, never having bought it off the shelf at a bike shop.

The latest Deano Magic has sealed the beads on four tyres, two MTB and two road, so far, but there just isn't enough punctures off road around here and it seems I can't even put a mark on my Hutchinson Intensives, let alone puncture them. So the sailing is too smooth to test it properly.

If you are interested, you can PM me your phone number if you like. Pick up is at Coorparoo.

Cheers,

Dean
Last edited by MountGower on Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MountGower

by BNA » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:25 pm

BNA

Postby Comedian » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:25 pm

That's a super nice thing to do!

I've got some but I'm sure someone will take you up. That is a bucket load of sealant! :mrgreen:
Once you can climb hills on a bike it's all downhill. :mrgreen:

Hopefully I'll know what that's like..... one day. :shock: :lol:

Comedian

Return to Queensland