Ipswich cycling partner wanted

Re: Ipswich cycling partner wanted

Postby marinmomma » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:16 pm

Hi Alicia

Seeing as you're in the Ipwich area, I hope that you and your family are OK, please give a shout out if you guys need anything...if you can!
Lisa
marinmomma

by BNA » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:15 pm

BNA

Postby Ainsley » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:15 pm

Hi Alicia
I know it's been a while since your post looking for a riding partner & lots has happened in between with flooding so I hope you were ok through that but after seeing your post I thought I'd jump in & let you know that I ride with a couple of other ladies who live in the Eastern Heights/Raceview area & you'd be welcome to ride any time with us. We ride a couple of mornings in the week usually heading for about 5.30am for a circuit through raceview, booval, ipswich & yamanto & then on the weekends usually down the springfield motorway & then coffee afterwards. We're also hoping to enter the Ipswich 100. We're only social riders, so a nice easy pace & always stick together for safety as well.

Let me know if you're interested.
Ainsley

Postby anniegray » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:14 am

Hey Ipswichites,

How about a ride in Ipswich this weekend or on Australia Day??

Anyone interested?

Cheers

Anniegray
anniegray

Postby BrisVegas » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:21 am

My brother is visiting this weekend and if he's brought his bike with him (he's a pretty decent cyclist), we'll go for a ride out to Yamanto from Springfield on Sunday morning. We'll prob go early though, as our kids will be looking for their dads before too long!

I'll check back in this thread Saturday night to see if anyone else is out and about.
Litespeed Tuscany Ti & Trek 8000 rigid MTB
BrisVegas

Postby Ainsley » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:09 am

Hi all

We're hoping to ride this Saturday morning - weather permitting - from McDonald's Yamanto down the motorway to Springfield & return for coffee afterwards. We leave our place about 6am so would be at McDonalds about 6.20am ish to meet up.

We're only a very social group of riders (ie slow :) ) & most of us haven't riden for a while & just getting back into it after Christmas & flooding of course! But anyone is most welcome to join us.

Cheers
Ainsley
Ainsley

Postby anniegray » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:04 pm

Hi Ainsley,

That sounds great. Hope to see you tomorrow.

Cheers,

Anniegray
anniegray

Postby aliciaedwards » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:29 pm

I'm definitely keen - although i may be the slowest rider ever LOL! I went riding with this other couple last week and I've not had another invite LOL!!!

Will see you around 6:20 :)

Looking forward to meeting you all!
aliciaedwards

Postby BrisVegas » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:27 am

Ainsley wrote:Hi all

We're hoping to ride this Saturday morning - weather permitting - from McDonald's Yamanto down the motorway to Springfield & return for coffee afterwards. We leave our place about 6am so would be at McDonalds about 6.20am ish to meet up.

We're only a very social group of riders (ie slow :) ) & most of us haven't riden for a while & just getting back into it after Christmas & flooding of course! But anyone is most welcome to join us.

Cheers
Ainsley

How was your ride? I went for a spin from Springfield out to Yamanto and back yesterday arvo with my brother. Had a nice tailwind on the outbound leg, but it was brutal coming back! I'm pretty unfit and slow, but found myself on the small chainring most of the return... :oops: 42km (AT) 26km/h I'd forgotten how many hills are on that ride! :shock:
BrisVegas

Postby Ainsley » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:43 am

Very enjoyable ride yesterday morning & got to meet a couple of the ladies. Everyone managed an easy pace & yes there's a few hills thrown in there... at least you get to do the longest one at the Springfield end at the start - we get that one just after our turn around point! I managed 50km 22.7 average which has some room for improvement I think lol!!!
Ainsley

Postby BrisVegas » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:01 am

Ainsley wrote:Very enjoyable ride yesterday morning & got to meet a couple of the ladies. Everyone managed an easy pace & yes there's a few hills thrown in there... at least you get to do the longest one at the Springfield end at the start - we get that one just after our turn around point! I managed 50km 22.7 average which has some room for improvement I think lol!!!

i dunno, i reckon that turnaround at yamanto and the climb up the centenary highway on ramp is a killer! At least the road has a nice wide shoulder, to give me some wobble room. :lol:
BrisVegas

Postby anniegray » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:08 pm

Hi

Great ride yesterday, I loved it. I was on the small chainring the whole time. Can't wait for another crack at that hill near Springfield.

I rode some hills this morning in Brassall/North Ipswich. I went up Currey Street and Hill Street. They are pretty good hills, probably nothing compared to Mt. Cootha though. Am contemplating an attempt at Denmark Hill.

Cheers,

Anniegray
anniegray

Postby kernowman » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:49 pm

looks like I missed the fun this weekend, trust me to have my bike at the shop for a service.....
kernowman

Postby anniegray » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:15 am

kernowman wrote:looks like I missed the fun this weekend, trust me to have my bike at the shop for a service.....

Look forward to seeing you this Saturday (hopefully, if the weather stays good).

Cheers,

Anniegray
anniegray

Postby Bron » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:36 pm

Hi guys...I too am new to this forum and cycling in general....Alicia I live out near Lowood and am looking for someone and somewhere to ride where the roads are actually roads and not dirt and gravel torn apart from the floods. I am taking part in the Ride to Conquer Cance in August and would like to ride with others, especially those who aren't semi-pros. I am going to go on the ride this Sunday with the Ipswich Bike Hub and get some education on how to ride properly. I would love to meet up with others on the weekends.

As for your run in with the ute..I too was almost hit on Sunday, not by a ute, just a car, but by a moron not stopping at an intersection...how do you not see a fluro yellow jersey????

Hope to meet some of you soon
Bron
Bron

Postby sherpatim » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:45 pm

Hi there,

Im new to cycling. I just bought a new bike and am keen to start hitting the road. Im cycling "unfit" but am keen to start training a couple of times per week at 5.30am and a weekend ride too. I live in Springfield Lakes so if anyone is ever keen to go for a ride in the local area let me know.

Cheers,

Tim.
sherpatim

Postby velocirapt » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:23 pm

If traffic is a worry suggest either driving bit South of Ipswich below Yamanto to Peaks Crossing or from Yamanto down Middle Rd . The roads around Peaks Crossing-Harrisville- Kalbar area are cycling heaven with scenic flat or gently rolling hills only and almost no traffic. There are a few dirt connecting roads you need to avoid . The Heritage Ipswich 100 (or 50 ) in April is great and gives a taste of them.
velocirapt

Postby Wannabe_Cycling » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:32 pm

Hello,
I'm also looking for an Ipswich cycling partner. I used to cycle a lot but haven't in too long. I am a 59 year old woman who loves being active and would love to find someone to cycle with. I'm not fast but persistence sees me go the distance.. My last ride was the Logan 50k ride last year and I was very upset that I didn't do the Ipswich ride this year, as I did it last year. I was learning to run and did the bridge to Brisbane last year, but this year has seen me fairly inactive. Would love to change this :-)..
Wannabe_Cycling

Previous

Return to Queensland