Brisbane Flood Road Damage List

Re: Brisbane Flood Road Damage List

Postby dclnmurray » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:14 pm

ValleyForge wrote:+1 Logan Rd was really busy with bunches this morning, but the rubbish trucks are keen to play chicken with you!

BTW - rode the path at the bottom of the Kangaroo Point Cliffs this morning. It's been bob-catted clear leaving a foot of mud at each edge. Dirty as anything, but rideable on a road-bike.

And there is a press release about asking cyclists to stay off the front of Cootha - only entering via Simpson's Rd to avoid the rubbish staging area.

Does anyone know if this path is now useable. had to dodge the city traffic to get from SE bikeway over to Newfarm. Prefer to go over Story Bridge and then the path down below to the SE bikeway.

cheers

Dave
dclnmurray

by BNA » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:19 am

BNA

Postby Max » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:19 am

The BCC have published a list of bikeway closures here and here (PDF). It's not especially helpful; most of the comments are along the lines of "closures possible" or "use caution", but it's probably better than nothing.

Max
One of the best things about bicycle commuting is that it can mitigate the displeasure of having to go to work. - BikeSnobNYC
Cycling is sometimes like bobbing for apples in a bucket full of dicks. - SydGuy
Max

Postby sahne » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:09 am

Possibly a little late notice to help too many people for Monday morning but:

Courier Mail reporting that Bicentennial Bikeway (Coro Drive) will be open from 6am.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/bicentennial-bikeway-set-to-reopen-after-two-week-closure-due-to-floods/story-e6freon6-1225993228394
sahne

Postby ValleyForge » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:24 am

sahne wrote:Possibly a little late notice to help too many people for Monday morning but:

Courier Mail reporting that Bicentennial Bikeway (Coro Drive) will be open from 6am.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/bicentennial-bikeway-set-to-reopen-after-two-week-closure-due-to-floods/story-e6freon6-1225993228394

Still looked VERY closed (AT) 5am today :twisted:
Ha ha! Cookies on dowels.
ValleyForge

Postby dclnmurray » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:01 am

I travel from SE bikeway over to Newfarm so is anyone able to let me know if either the lower river tce pathways (along bottom of kangaroo point cliffs) or the pathway along the city front are open yet. I had to ride through city and seems to be all over the place at the moment along Eagle street.

ta

Dave
dclnmurray

Postby ValleyForge » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:57 am

dclnmurray wrote:I travel from SE bikeway over to Newfarm so is anyone able to let me know if either the lower river tce pathways (along bottom of kangaroo point cliffs) or the pathway along the city front are open yet. I had to ride through city and seems to be all over the place at the moment along Eagle street.

ta

Dave

Was open Saturday, but closed again Sunday for cleaning. Was perfectly rideable. Detour from end of path up Holman St to Storey Bridge city side then round to path under bridge on north end of Storey Bridge. Then down Bowen Tce.
Ha ha! Cookies on dowels.
ValleyForge

Previous

Return to Queensland