Stuff for flood victims

Stuff for flood victims

Postby Wazza » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:31 am

Hi All,
Does anyone know some unfortunate family/person who has lost everything and is in need of a freezer and a fridge as an interim or long term measure. The freezer is a 5 drawer upright (~180l-200l) which is older but works a treat and the fridge is a bar fridge which is in good nick. I was going to sell them however I would like to give them to someone who is struggling. If you know someone in need please let me know via PM or email wsm18747@hotmail dot com. Thanks.

Wazza

PS. Perhaps other forumites may have some things that could be used/passed on???
Wazza
Mont Ventoux 2014 - Must train hard
Wazza

by BNA » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:10 pm

BNA

Re: Stuff for flood victims

Postby MountGower » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:10 pm

I have a stainless steel electric fry pan here. It was ony used a couple of times and is in near new condition. Whilst we've heard there are correct ways to use the stainless ones, my wife just prefers to use the non stick one.

I also have a large dog bed. Suspended canvass type in very good condition.

Located at Coorparoo.

I'll keep hunting about and see what else I can find.
MountGower

Samsung Fridge Re: Stuff for flood victims

Postby CommuRider » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:05 am

My neighbours are leaving the country so have decided to buy their old fridge. Hence my old fridge needs to go.

The fridge is Samsung (Model No. SR223NME) and it cost me $600 2 years ago. I don't think it's under warranty anymore and will have to find the paperwork for this. The drawers are plasticky and the side drawer (where the milk goes) is cracked and this has been fixed with sticky tape. To replace it will cost around $80 but the sticky tape is holding up well!

223L Samsung Fridge SR223NME
Model Number SR223NME
Brand Samsung
Warranty 2 Years
Colour White
Volume 223L
Fridge Volume 152L
Freezer Volume 71L
Suitable For 1-2 adults
Opening Right
Energy Star Rating 3.5

Nevertheless, it's a near-new fridge and this is free to go to a flood victim in QLD, Nth NSW or NW Victoria. It's smaller than my neighbour's fridge so while it's new and has above average energy rating (402KwH/per year), I am running out of space. The freezer is a bit small too and my household needs to freeze more stuff instead of throwing out a lot.

Pick up from Sydney or organise own delivery+freight. Probably sometime next week after I get my neighbour's fridge. PM if interested and of course would prefer for this to go to those who have been members here for awhile or have more than 10 posts :-)
Amateur oenologist and green-friendly commuter.
CommuRider

Return to Queensland