Brisbane Valley Rail Trail (Qld) Official Opening

Brisbane Valley Rail Trail (Qld) Official Opening

Postby Aushiker » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:54 pm

From Rails Trails Australia

A further 7km of section of the Brisbane Valley Rail Trail between Moore and Linville will be officially opened at Moore on Sunday 25th November at 9:30am.

The local communities of Moore, Linville and the Brisbane Valley are going "full steam ahead" to present a full program of trail opening events including a street parade, brass band and markets in the park prior to the opening. Food and drink stalls will also operate at Moore and Linville.

Click here for more information on the rail trail including map.

The official opening will actually be held at the Moore Memorial Hall (Moore is a small village on the D'Aguilar Highway between Kilcoy and Blackbutt. The Memorial Hall fronts the highway so it will be difficult to miss the event if you are there on time). Following the opening the public are invited to walk or cycle up to Linville (about 7 km of flat path) and back (another 7 km). Travel restrictions for horses due to the he equine flu quarantine procedures mean that horses may not be able to travel to the event.

In addition the local organizers have arranged for the gates on the Linville to Blackbutt section to be unlocked, and manned to ensure a smooth ride up the range for those wanting to experience more of a great rail trail.

Late November in south east Queensland means the chance of hot and humid weather is high - so bring a hat, sunscreen and plenty of water for the walk/ride.

The Brisbane Valley Rail Trail is being developed by the Queensland Office of Urban Management as part of the Queensland Government's first significant commitment to rail trail development in the state. A large turnout will not only add to the day but also show public appreciation for the government's commitment.

To coincide with this opening, the draft Brisbane Valley Rail Trail Plan will be released for public consultation. The Plan will provide detailed information on how the trail will be developed, what issues will be addressed in the planning stages and its ongoing management arrangements.

Information about the Brisbane Valley Rail Trail and consultation processes is available online at the Brisbane Valley Rail Trail website (from the 25th?)

Submissions close 31 January 2008.

Andrew
"Pedal-pounding pounce" - D. Fluellen - West Australian 13/1/14
Aushiker

by BNA » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:27 am

BNA

Postby Aushiker » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:27 am

The first state-government funded section of the 148km Brisbane Valley Rail Trail was opened on Sunday 25 November 2007 at Moore. This 7km section from Moore to Linville links with an existing 23km section already developed by the Nanango Shire Council. The Esk shire council have also developed a 9km section from Fernvale to Lowood.

The Queensland Office of Urban Management have released the Brisbane Valley Rail Trail Plan for public comment. The plan provides detailed information about how the trail will be developed, what issues will be addressed in the planning stages and its ongoing management arrangements.

The plan will be developed in close consultation with the community and is expected to be finalised by February 2008.

Submissions close on the 31st of January 2008. The plan is available from the OUM website along with details on how to make a submission.

Source: Rail Trails News
"Pedal-pounding pounce" - D. Fluellen - West Australian 13/1/14
Aushiker

Postby MountGower » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:37 pm

Error. This post can no longer be displayed.
Last edited by MountGower on Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MountGower

Postby beauyboy » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:20 pm

The only issue i have with these railtrails that we are getting up here is that they are not sealled bikeways.

Donald
BCC give us some more bikeways fore safe travel!!!!
Upgrade the NCL now QR!!!!!!
http://nakedcyclistbrissy.blogspot.com/
My views do not represent any organisation I may be apart of unless otherwise stated
beauyboy

Postby MountGower » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:37 pm

Error. This post can no longer be displayed.
Last edited by MountGower on Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MountGower

Postby beauyboy » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:12 am

Not exactly the same thing thou. I am sure locals that want to ride on them would perfer them to be sealled.

Donald
BCC give us some more bikeways fore safe travel!!!!
Upgrade the NCL now QR!!!!!!
http://nakedcyclistbrissy.blogspot.com/
My views do not represent any organisation I may be apart of unless otherwise stated
beauyboy

Postby xyz55 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:01 pm

sounds good - as I will be in Bris for the next 2 weeks I may give this a go - how far is Moore from Chermside, and what's the best way to get there if it's a long way to cycle to Moore?
currently riding around Australia: www.davidddinoz.blogspot.com
xyz55

Return to Queensland