Qld weather venting posts

User avatar
cancan64
Posts: 1512
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:13 pm
Location: Auckland

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby cancan64 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:44 pm

Its fun going down it as well
“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’.

User avatar
Lukeyboy
Posts: 3428
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 am

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby Lukeyboy » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:35 pm

Until you catch up and get stuck behind Jason :P

jasonc
Posts: 9435
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby jasonc » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:56 pm

Lukeyboy wrote:Until you catch up and get stuck behind Jason :P


"pick on jason" day came around too early this month :oops:
Image

User avatar
Lukeyboy
Posts: 3428
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 am

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby Lukeyboy » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:54 pm

jasonc wrote:
Lukeyboy wrote:Until you catch up and get stuck behind Jason :P


"pick on jason" day came around too early this month :oops:


Just doing my part in raising awareness of children with slightly longer left arms than their right arm. :lol:

jasonc
Posts: 9435
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby jasonc » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:41 am

Lukeyboy wrote:
jasonc wrote:
Lukeyboy wrote:Until you catch up and get stuck behind Jason :P


"pick on jason" day came around too early this month :oops:


Just doing my part in raising awareness of children with slightly longer left arms than their right arm. :lol:


lmao
Image

User avatar
ItsDank
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:39 pm

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby ItsDank » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:29 am

cancan64 wrote:Its fun going down it as well



The day as captured by my 4K action cam (in 2k full hd). That downhill is awesome.

User avatar
cancan64
Posts: 1512
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:13 pm
Location: Auckland

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby cancan64 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:42 am

So glad winter is over, Garmin hit 1c this mornng down in Birkdale...because I was so early and traffic so light I didn't have to venture down 'the freezee' segment
“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’.

User avatar
redsonic
Posts: 998
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:08 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby redsonic » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:56 pm

cancan64 wrote:So glad winter is over, Garmin hit 1c this mornng down in Birkdale...because I was so early and traffic so light I didn't have to venture down 'the freezee' segment

I knew it was colder on the Bayside than they were saying on the news. Was very much under dressed early Tuesday morning which they said would be 9 and felt like 6.

User avatar
RonK
Posts: 9738
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Brisbane, Queensland
Contact:

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby RonK » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:45 am

Holy Cow Batman! It's been raining all night, and it's absolutely bucketing down in Brisbane right now. You'd think it was the summer monsoon, not winter.

That'll teach me for pumping my tyres.

I think there is gonna serious flooding in these parts.
Last edited by RonK on Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

jasonc
Posts: 9435
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby jasonc » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:59 am

I hope I misheard but I'm sure abc news said 200mm+ of rain at springbrook :shock:
Edit: Just heard again. 206mm. Wow
Image

User avatar
Lukeyboy
Posts: 3428
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 am

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby Lukeyboy » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:58 am

It's raining???

jasonc
Posts: 9435
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby jasonc » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:01 am

Lukeyboy wrote:It's raining???

Did you want the sprinklers tested? One phone call
Image

User avatar
PiratePete
Posts: 628
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:04 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Contact:

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby PiratePete » Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:56 pm

Stuffed my Saturday ride!, Mrs Pirate even put my arm and leg warmers in the wash last night as SHE knew that I wasn't to be riding this morning. I suggested that a wait and see aproach was the best method, when I went to get up at 04:30 this morning her arm swung over and grabbed me. A sleepy voice just said "your not going for a ride. Are you! It's been raining for hours."

Have to admit that I'd decided not to go due to the wind more than anything, but the idea of getting caught somewhere due to flooding wasn't that appealing...
2015 Specialized Diverge Carbon Expert
2013 Giant Reign MTB.
Pirate Pete on Instagram

User avatar
foo on patrol
Posts: 6156
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:12 am
Location: Sanstone Point QLD

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:58 pm

PiratePete wrote:Stuffed my Saturday ride!, Mrs Pirate even put my arm and leg warmers in the wash last night as SHE knew that I wasn't to be riding this morning. I suggested that a wait and see aproach was the best method, when I went to get up at 04:30 this morning her arm swung over and grabbed me. A sleepy voice just said "your not going for a ride. Are you! It's been raining for hours."

Have to admit that I'd decided not to go due to the wind more than anything, but the idea of getting caught somewhere due to flooding wasn't that appealing...


The backlash of I told you so by said wife. :lol:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km
Image

elpatron
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:05 pm

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby elpatron » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:16 am

Wasn't even that bad, only had to dodge two flooded roads a few hills had some water running down fast. Wynumn esplande winds where pretty hectic but its only a short stretch. Enough to can the idea of riding to wellington point and and cleveland though didn't want to deal what that headwind. Most of the bad stuff seemed to come in the hour after I got back.

User avatar
Lukeyboy
Posts: 3428
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 am

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby Lukeyboy » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:45 am

jasonc wrote:
Lukeyboy wrote:It's raining???

Did you want the sprinklers tested? One phone call


I heard you were with Telstra. Go head mate :)

User avatar
PiratePete
Posts: 628
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:04 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Contact:

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby PiratePete » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:15 pm

foo on patrol wrote:
PiratePete wrote:Stuffed my Saturday ride!, Mrs Pirate even put my arm and leg warmers in the wash last night as SHE knew that I wasn't to be riding this morning. I suggested that a wait and see aproach was the best method, when I went to get up at 04:30 this morning her arm swung over and grabbed me. A sleepy voice just said "your not going for a ride. Are you! It's been raining for hours."

Have to admit that I'd decided not to go due to the wind more than anything, but the idea of getting caught somewhere due to flooding wasn't that appealing...


The backlash of I told you so by said wife. :lol:

Foo


copy that
2015 Specialized Diverge Carbon Expert
2013 Giant Reign MTB.
Pirate Pete on Instagram

jack11
Posts: 191
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:07 pm

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby jack11 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:13 pm

Just going to revive this thread as I sit in the office trying to decide if I can be bothered riding home in this storm :| :| :|
Image

User avatar
Lukeyboy
Posts: 3428
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 am

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby Lukeyboy » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:07 pm

Storm? Hasn't rained here yet.

jack11
Posts: 191
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:07 pm

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby jack11 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:05 pm

Lukeyboy wrote:Storm? Hasn't rained here yet.


I was sitting in the office in the city looking north and all i could see was lighting.
Image

User avatar
Lukeyboy
Posts: 3428
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 am

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby Lukeyboy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:59 am

And that's all it was :P

Sun was still shining at 6pm and currently at 11.58pm it hasn't rained :P
Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users