Qld weather venting posts

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby Lukeyboy » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:00 pm

briztoon wrote:Some times I wonder if I'm really missing anything with what I read on here.

Lukeyboy

by BNA » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:43 am

BNA

Postby elantra » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:43 am

Bad news for the rest of the week.
Every day is predicted to be about 35 degrees and humid, except for thursday and friday which will be more moderate.

Yesterday was a stinger at about 33-34 degrees for much of the day.

But i had to visit a friend recovering after an operation at the Princess Alexandra Hospital.

It was a bizzare experience to enter that place and find everyone within it complaining about the excessively cold air-conditioning.
Staff, patients and visitors.
How strange is that - everyone complaining about the same thing but nobody able to fix a problem as simple as changing a temperature setting.
"Technology gives us much more information but Education is never be able to give us the skill to evaluate it"
elantra

Postby jasonc » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:39 am

awesome weather this morning
jasonc

Postby singlespeedscott » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:38 am

jasonc wrote:awesome weather this morning

It is certainly a nice morning but it's starting to warm up now.
singlespeedscott

Postby Dimma » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:24 am

I think people take for granted how nice a ride the River loop is, but personally the main attraction is just the convenience for the majority of the group.
Mutually acceptable 0530 start time, all done by 0630 for coffee home by 0730, relaxed pace, etc.
Constantly organising alternate group rides wears me out, so the default becomes a River loop.

I do a fast River loop on the occasional Tuesday and am often cringing, couldn't stomach doing it every week.
Dimma

Postby marinmomma » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:25 am

jasonc wrote:awesome weather this morning

Indeed, lovely spin around the River with only a couple of knobs out today.

Forecast not looking appealing for the rest of the week, I'm guessing our good run can't last forever :roll:
Lisa
marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:37 am

briztoon wrote:
marinmomma wrote:Btw, how is your recovery going?

Good thanks marinmomma. Completed my first two 100km+ rides since the accident last Sunday and yesterday and 583km so far this year. Recovery seems to take a little bit longer though. Though it's getting hard to juggle work and riding. How are you faring? I hope your collar bone and spine are healing well. Are you back on the bike yet?

Good to hear that you are starting to string some longer rides back in, yes I agree this recovery business can be a long and tedious venture, some days it's a two step forward and one back thing.
I'm back on the bike, collar bone is good, the shoulder is getting stronger however my main problem is that due to the fracture to the head of the radius I currently am unable to straighten my arm, it's a long way from looking normal actually, I have limited movement and almost constant pain.
My Physio is starting to think that there is something else going on in there so will be looking into further tests to find out.
I look a bit like a Quasimodo on a bike and the arm and shoulder often give out before the legs.

Things could have been worse however I'm not prepared to live with my arm as it currently is.

All the best with your continued recovery Briz and I guess into the investigation with the driver who caused it all, are you chasing some form of compensation from the driver?
Lisa
marinmomma

Postby briztoon » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:11 pm

marinmomma wrote:Things could have been worse however I'm not prepared to live with my arm as it currently is.

All the best with your continued recovery Briz and I guess into the investigation with the driver who caused it all, are you chasing some form of compensation from the driver?

I pray that you resolve the problems with your arm.

Yeah, I have Maurice and Blackburn on the case.
briztoon

Postby marinmomma » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:08 pm

briztoon wrote:I pray that you resolve the problems with your arm.

Yeah, I have Maurice and Blackburn on the case.

Thanks Briz and all the best with your compensation claims.

Maybe we should have a thread for updates on injuries etc?

Now let's turn this one back to the weather....how hot it is today :shock: :wink:
Lisa
marinmomma

Postby Lukeyboy » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:15 pm

I missed the bus so I had to ride to work in this fantastic weather. Riding home was a shocker.
Lukeyboy

Postby cancan64 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:18 pm

We lost power at work today just as the mercury hit 43c... was not pleasant... Glad I ride early mornings it's not pleasant when that sun comes up

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
cancan64

Postby Lukeyboy » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:58 pm

Nice and cool today :twisted:
Lukeyboy

Postby cancan64 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:52 pm

Lost power again today but it was only 42c this time.. was over 30c when I finished this mornings ride at 7...2 more days and back to Brisbane to cool down

cancan64

Postby briztoon » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:35 pm

Rode to work Monday morning. The weather is pretty much perfect at 5:30am. Riding home at 3:30pm, in to a head wind along Logan road, in that heat was not fun. Decided to bus it in Tuesday and Wednesday. Today, RDO, so went for an early morning ride down to Wynnum and Wellington Point and apart from the briefest of showers, it was a very nice ride. Saw one bloke with massive calves fairly rocketing along and dropping every group that he passed.
briztoon

Postby jasonc » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:39 pm

I woosed out on the ride home. a tad to heavy for me (and most other's I'd say)
jasonc

Postby GeoffInBrisbane » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:08 pm

Good move! I rode. It was *****! Riding under the Riverside Expressway the overflowing drains nearly washed me into the river at one point. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hope I didn't kill my BB bearings, but wouldn't be surprised... Other collateral damage was my phone- emptying my wet clothes from my bag at home, it fell out, hit the floor, survived a millisecond before my ipod landed on top of it and cracked the screen. And I nearly drove to work today! :evil:

Just Riding Along
GeoffInBrisbane

Postby jasonc » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:19 pm

GeoffInBrisbane wrote:Good move! I rode. It was *****! Riding under the Riverside Expressway the overflowing drains nearly washed me into the river at one point. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hope I didn't kill my BB bearings, but wouldn't be surprised... Other collateral damage was my phone- emptying my wet clothes from my bag at home, it fell out, hit the floor, survived a millisecond before my ipod landed on top of it and cracked the screen. And I nearly drove to work today! :evil:

so an expensive ride home from work for you. bugger
jasonc

Postby GeoffInBrisbane » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:58 pm

Yup, makes fuel look cheap! :(

Just Riding Along
GeoffInBrisbane

Postby marinmomma » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:57 am

We got a break in the weather this morning, yay!

Hardly any cyclists out on the RL this morning and the roads had almost dried out after yesterday's rain.
The quietest Friday RL in ages, winner!

And now the rain is back :roll:
Lisa
marinmomma

Postby Lukeyboy » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:26 pm

Looks clear on the northside :P
Lukeyboy

Postby briztoon » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:29 pm

Normally I'm bussing past Mt. Gravatt around 5:50am, and see riders converging on the hill from both directions along Logan road and from Creek road. This morning there was a distinct absence of riders heading towards the hill. Certainly along Creek road.

On another note. I have seen some early morning riders heading along Creek road, coming from Carindale way and turning on to Wecker road. I'm interested to know what ride/loop they are doing.
briztoon

Postby marinmomma » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:11 pm

briztoon wrote:Normally I'm bussing past Mt. Gravatt around 5:50am, and see riders converging on the hill from both directions along Logan road and from Creek road. This morning there was a distinct absence of riders heading towards the hill. Certainly along Creek road.

On another note. I have seen some early morning riders heading along Creek road, coming from Carindale way and turning on to Wecker road. I'm interested to know what ride/loop they are doing.

After yesterday's rain there was probably a fair bit of gravel washed over the road, makes the descent a bit tricky.

Maybe the groups are heading down Wecker Rd to head out towards Capalaba/Tilley Rd area? Not sure but if you're based out around Capalaba it might make for a good loop.
Then there's Mt Petrie Rd out that way, runs parallel to the Gateway on the eastern side...those rollers wake you up quicker than a coffee.
Lisa
marinmomma

Postby Roub » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:59 pm

Was a great morning for a Wynnum Bay loop, roads were 99.9% dry (actual figure), hardly anyone out and cool, fresh air
Roub

Postby singlespeedscott » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:33 am

A little cooler this morning. Wish I could of headed out for a real ride and not a commute to work.
singlespeedscott

Postby cancan64 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:19 am

I work out west and the temps have been in the mid 40's..I cycle early morning and it's been around 30 and the rides were pleasant... Go for this morning ride.. Lower temp but higher humidity and I am stuffed... I backed off going up cootha as I was sweating so much...I worked out I drank 2lt during the ride plus 1.5lt as soon as I got home and I still ended up losing just under 1kg in a 2.4hr ride

cancan64

PreviousNext

Return to Queensland