Riding partner for Sunshine Coast newbie

Postby Puppii » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:33 am

Hi,
I've very recently got my first road bike (and cleats.....yikes!!!). I haven't ridden for a couple of years and then it was on my trusty MTB mostly on paths. I've considered riding with the LBS group but I'm not up to that........yet. I'm doing the ride to conquer cancer in August so I'd really like to start getting the km's up.
So.... I'm looking for someone local, with lots of patience that is willing to ride slow with a super newbie, give me some tips and can go early mornings. In return I can promise you lots of laughs as you watch me get my uncoordinated self use to riding with cleats and a new bike!!!
Thanks.
Puppii

by BNA » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:05 pm

BNA

Postby Comedian » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:05 pm

Welcome to the forum. I know we have a lot of sunshine coast members so hopefully someone can help out.

It's a bit far for me although it is tempting to see a good clipstack. :mrgreen: I think I'll have to make do with closer to home ones though. :)

Are you doing the cycle of giving ride next weekend(26th)? There are a few distance and speed options so you may find one that's right for you. It would be good experience for the cure ride.
Once you can climb hills on a bike it's all downhill. :mrgreen:

Hopefully I'll know what that's like..... one day. :shock: :lol:

Comedian

Re: Riding partner for Sunshine Coast newbie

Postby Pelican peddler » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:37 am

Hi mate.
I'm new to road bikes too. Just got mine a couple of days ago. Been out twice for about 20k each ride. I really loved it but I am not 100% confident yet with the whole pedal and cleat thing either. Not fallen yet, but come close a few times. My face must have been a picture when I had to stop on a hill in Caloundra, and had to try and unclip quickly! Then i couldn't get going again! It must get easier. I'm no expert mate, but looking for someone at my level to ride with. I'm in pelican waters.
Pelican peddler

Re: Riding partner for Sunshine Coast newbie

Postby Puppii » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:17 am

Hill starts......I haven't had the 'pleasure' yet :wink: I've kind of being avoiding the big hills so far and Caloundra has some damn big hills!!!!
Puppii

Return to Queensland