Crash at kangaroo Point

leighthebee

Re: Crash at kangaroo Point

Postby leighthebee » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:48 pm

Zertz's :roll:

dfc.

Postby dfc. » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:08 am

Where exactly are we talking at Kangaroo Point?
Visit my website https://sites.google.com/site/dfccyclesandautomotive/Owner of:

2006 Malvern Star Cobra (Mountain Bike)

2011 Trek 7.3FX (Flat Bar Road Bike) Just delivered!

Zynster

Postby Zynster » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:25 am

The crash was on the smaller of the two wooden bridges in the bike path at the bottom of the cliffs.
Fausto Coppi Reparto Corse | Giant Farrago Cross

baarg

Postby baarg » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:53 am

nitramluap wrote:
goneriding wrote:When I was living in Bris, I used to go along there as part of an extended Loop. Never liked it! Too narrow, too obscured, slippery, peds, dogs. Best to avoid it, if possible.

Coro Dr shared path was another place I wasn't a big fan of although have to admit guilt at exceeding the recommended speed limit! I actually preferred being on Coro Dr itself. Being called a w*****, or whatever it was people were saying doesn't really bother me and we were able to sit on 40+ kph all the way to the lights at Toowong.
The new sections of bikeway are great now though. They are smoother than the road (with its metal access covers, uneven surface & potholes). Problem is they are disconnected. Once you get to the Regatta you really need to get onto the road if you want to cycle at a decent pace. The section of path up to Toowong Village is rubbish.

We also need a decent connection between the Bicentennial Bikeway & the Centennial Bikeway - removing parked cars on Sylvan road and making a nice wide separated lane would be a good idea.
Yes, true, the new sections are really good and I have to agree about the connection between the Bicentennial Bikeway and the Centennial Bikeway, I hate Sylvan Rd and is it Croydon St the turn to the Bicentennial? Hate that too out and inbound. It's the second day in a row that I get a car turning left from the right hand turn ONLY lane whilst the lights are green too.
It's not too bad though, honestly, I live 26.5km southwest of Brisbane and I'd say more than 80% of my trip is on good bikeways. Too bad the same infrastructure doesn't exist around other parts of Brisbane.

munga

Postby munga » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:02 am

speed limits, anyone?
i might drive a ferrari, but i wouldn't do 301km/hr on the m1..
shared paths should be speed limited, and bike paths should be open, or is my sense too common for the pro minority?

lethoso

Postby lethoso » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:03 pm

munga wrote:speed limits, anyone?
i might drive a ferrari, but i wouldn't do 301km/hr on the m1..
shared paths should be speed limited, and bike paths should be open, or is my sense too common for the pro minority?
still, if you were going to do 301km/h the m1 would be the road to do it on (though perhaps not in peak hour).

if they do speed limit shared paths, they'll no doubt make it 10km/h like it is on the bridges, despite the fact they're the widest bike/shared infrastructure in brisbane :roll:

Zynster

Postby Zynster » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:06 pm

There is a dichotomy between riding on the road and riding on the shared path. On the road you are at the mercy of cars, some of which drive too fast, and pass to closely. On a shared bike path, the roles are reversed. The bike can become the menace, riding too fast for conditions, and passing too closely. The old wisdom of "do unto others" seems lost on some people.
Fausto Coppi Reparto Corse | Giant Farrago Cross

foo on patrol

Re:

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:05 pm

laager wrote:.
Why is it a lot of your post are edited out lately in everything you reply to??? :?
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

nitramluap

Re: Re:

Postby nitramluap » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:00 am

foo on patrol wrote:
Why is it a lot of your post are edited out lately in everything you reply to??? :?
Strange... are the 'quoted' sections also being changed? If so, it means that the entire thread can be manipulated and conversations made meaningless. I'm pretty sure the moderators make obvious edits (with colour/font changes) so it must be the orginal author editing the post. Frankly, after a 15 minute editing window, the post should be locked.
My bike is heavier than your bike. :D

Redbull

Crash at kangaroo Point

Postby Redbull » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:50 pm

Toys out off cot methinks.
The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass

notwal

Re: Re:

Postby notwal » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:59 pm

nitramluap wrote:
foo on patrol wrote:
Strange... are the 'quoted' sections also being changed? If so, it means that the entire thread can be manipulated and conversations made meaningless. I'm pretty sure the moderators make obvious edits (with colour/font changes) so it must be the orginal author editing the post. Frankly, after a 15 minute editing window, the post should be locked.
Mr Laager seems to have sat down and done that to all his posts. I guess that he would have deleted them if he had the option.
If you really want to see them they'll be archived on Google.

Maybe he woke up to fact that we are a bunch of fogies and went to hang with the cool crew. :lol:

Quoted sections don't change.

I think one should have the option of editing one's posts when ever one feels the need. There is an alert added to the post stating that it was edited and when.
judged, insulted, gone

winstonw

Postby winstonw » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:16 pm

I'd go on the kangaroo pt paths 1-2x a year. Save the effort for Samford, Scarborough, Nudgee Beach, Cleveland, Petrie, Two bridges, Lakeside, Nundah Crit, Coot-tha, Glorious.

I do 450k+ a week, and doubt the idiots that ride dangerously amongst pedestrians do enough k's on open roads to vent their testosterone.