Bikeshop recommendations in the Gold Coast/Currumbin area

Postby vitriol » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:36 pm

Hey Australian Cycling Forums, I'm a new member and am grateful to be a part of a well-run and helpful forum.

I've had a look through some of the back-pages in the Qld forum looking for recommendations on a bikeshop in the Gold Coast/Currumin area without too much luck. I need to get the cogset replaced 'cause my granny gear keeps shifting when under stress.

I'm also in the market for some new gloves, a new helmet, and perhaps a tri-suit but that all comes second to my main objective of replacing this cog.

I hope someone can help me, thank you in advance.
vitriol

by BNA » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:28 am

BNA

Re: Bikeshop recommendations in the Gold Coast/Currumbin are

Postby Max » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:28 am

Hiya,

My mum used to own an LBS in Currumbin, but recently retired.. otherwise I'd send you to her! She suggests Mikes Bikes in Miami. There's also Cabarita Cycles, but they're quite a ways south - 30 or 40Km or so. You might also try Gold Coast Triathlete in Miami. There are lots of other LBS in the area, but these are the three she suggests.

Hope this helps :)
Max
One of the best things about bicycle commuting is that it can mitigate the displeasure of having to go to work. - BikeSnobNYC
Cycling is sometimes like bobbing for apples in a bucket full of dicks. - SydGuy
Max

Postby gclark8 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:05 am

There is a bike shop in Wharf St Tweed Heads.
Cheers,
George.
gclark8

Postby EektheCat » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:13 am

Ben at AvantiPlus in Robina is a good sort. If he doesnt know, he can find out for you where to get the cog.

Grant at GoldCross Cycles opposite Bond Uni is also pretty friendly.

Eek
EektheCat

Postby Nikko127 » Thu May 05, 2011 9:51 pm

EektheCat wrote:Ben at AvantiPlus in Robina is a good sort. If he doesnt know, he can find out for you where to get the cog.

Grant at GoldCross Cycles opposite Bond Uni is also pretty friendly.

Eek

Yes Avantiplus and In2cycles is now one and the same, and up until recently I couldnt find a shop worth deaaling with until I went there. They are in my opinion, the BEST on the coast, great staff, very reasonable prices and a great saturday morning shop ride, highly recommend them.
Nikko127

Postby hosko » Sat May 07, 2011 6:58 pm

Max wrote:Hiya,

My mum used to own an LBS in Currumbin, but recently retired.. otherwise I'd send you to her! She suggests Mikes Bikes in Miami. There's also Cabarita Cycles, but they're quite a ways south - 30 or 40Km or so. You might also try Gold Coast Triathlete in Miami. There are lots of other LBS in the area, but these are the three she suggests.

Max

Was that the bike shop on the corner near the doctors?

I also suggest Mike's Bikes. Was in there the other day drooling over a 2011 Specialized Secteur and Allez... maybe in a year or so I might get a new one however the young bloke I spoke to (Mark) gave me a serious amount of his time, eventhough I stated at first "I am only looking at the moment." Brilliant customer service.
2013 Malvern Star Oppy Di2
hosko

Postby Max » Sat May 07, 2011 7:30 pm

hosko wrote:

Max

Burkes Bikes in Fielding St., in Currumbin. They sold the shop when they retired.

:)
Max
One of the best things about bicycle commuting is that it can mitigate the displeasure of having to go to work. - BikeSnobNYC
Cycling is sometimes like bobbing for apples in a bucket full of dicks. - SydGuy
Max

Postby hosko » Sat May 07, 2011 9:04 pm

Yup.. that's the ones. Next to the doc's I used to go to when I was down that way.

Noticed a sign on there under new management... however they were not open on a Saturday morning and it was after 10am so couldn't drop in.
2013 Malvern Star Oppy Di2
hosko

Postby Cyclopsx » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:12 pm

Max wrote:
hosko wrote:

Max

Burkes Bikes in Fielding St., in Currumbin. They sold the shop when they retired.

:)
Max

Burkie and Roz retired .... :shock:

Great people,
The kids need a coach Tuesday and Thursday afternoons at Nerang veledrome ... hint hint lol.
Say hi and to enjoy their retirement from Mike Morgan for me please.
Cyclopsx

Postby Max » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:53 am

I'll be sure to pass your good wishes on to them, Mike :)

Max
Max

Postby ozzymac » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:04 am

Hi,
I remember Jim when I was helping out down at M/bah cycling club while my son was a member.
Some of his training rides were pretty impressive.
He use to give my son some good cycling advice.

Cheers
ozzymac

Return to Queensland