Cycling Queensland??

aaron

Cycling Queensland??

Postby aaron » Mon May 23, 2011 8:46 am

What do they actually do for Queensland cyclist?
I'm not stirring the pot, I am genuinely interested.

Thanks

The Womble

Re: Cycling Queensland??

Postby The Womble » Mon May 23, 2011 9:14 am

They do have a CQ 'community' branch thingo for Joe Blow but Im buggered if I know what they do with it. Worth looking into

dfc.

Postby dfc. » Mon May 23, 2011 9:52 am

They do Try and Ride days at Chandler Velodrome
Visit my website https://sites.google.com/site/dfccyclesandautomotive/Owner of:

2006 Malvern Star Cobra (Mountain Bike)

2011 Trek 7.3FX (Flat Bar Road Bike) Just delivered!

Drunkmonkey

Postby Drunkmonkey » Mon May 23, 2011 11:27 am

aaron wrote:What do they actually do for Queensland cyclist?
I'm not stirring the pot, I am genuinely interested.

Thanks
They are the governing body for organised competitive cycling within Queensland. They coordinate racing and development programs for all disciplines of cycling.

You dont join CQ - you join a club that is affliated with CQ. If you dont want to race or be involved with competitive cycling events then you dont need to join a club.

The next level up from CQ is Cycling Australia, then the UCI.

heay

Postby heay » Tue May 24, 2011 8:19 pm

My license I got I went through CA. The top of my card it has "International Cycling Union Cycling Australia". On the back it has "In signing this license, the card holder is subject to the Regulations of the UCI and Cycling Australia and accepts any drug test for which they provide.

Now if I had gone through with CQ would my license be different? I only ask as it looks like I can race on the national scene?

Drunkmonkey

Postby Drunkmonkey » Tue May 24, 2011 10:47 pm

heay wrote:My license I got I went through CA. The top of my card it has "International Cycling Union Cycling Australia". On the back it has "In signing this license, the card holder is subject to the Regulations of the UCI and Cycling Australia and accepts any drug test for which they provide.

Now if I had gone through with CQ would my license be different? I only ask as it looks like I can race on the national scene?
Everyone's racing licence in Australia looks the same, doesn't matter what club you go through (or what state you are in) ;-) And yeah it is a national licence.

You cant get a license by applying directly to CA or CQ (or any other state association) - you apply through a club of your choosing.

heay

Postby heay » Thu May 26, 2011 5:18 am

Drunkmonkey wrote:
heay wrote:My license I got I went through CA. The top of my card it has "International Cycling Union Cycling Australia". On the back it has "In signing this license, the card holder is subject to the Regulations of the UCI and Cycling Australia and accepts any drug test for which they provide.

Everyone's racing licence in Australia looks the same, doesn't matter what club you go through (or what state you are in) ;-) And yeah it is a national licence.

You cant get a license by applying directly to CA or CQ (or any other state association) - you apply through a club of your choosing.
True what you say but I did mine through the CA website.

Drunkmonkey

Postby Drunkmonkey » Thu May 26, 2011 7:19 pm

heay wrote:
Drunkmonkey wrote:

True what you say but I did mine through the CA website.
You have to choose a club when applying through the CA website ;-)