Bicentennial Bikeway Upgade, Hale St East and West

User avatar
beauyboy
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1337
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:45 pm
Location: New Farm, Brisbane
Contact:

Bicentennial Bikeway Upgade, Hale St East and West

Postby beauyboy » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:32 am

Morning all

http://bi.mipo.jsadigital.com.au/Docume ... spx?id=776

As we all know the Bicentennial Bikeway is slowly (ever so slowly) being Upgraded to a segragated Active Transport Corridor. I have started this thread as there is a whole set of issues relating to this part of the upgrade.

Hale street wast Upgrade was meant to take only 6 weeks originally then we had the floods and now it has been dragged out to take over 6 months. :roll:

Hale Street East was meant to start two months ago but as Hale Street West continued to blow out the beginning of this upgrade continued to get pushed back.

I am going for a ride today out to richlands train station along the western Freeway and it will be interesting to see how it is progressing.

Donald
BCC give us some more bikeways fore safe travel!!!!
Upgrade the NCL now QR!!!!!!
http://nakedcyclistbrissy.blogspot.com/
My views do not represent any organisation I may be apart of unless otherwise stated

licensed
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:02 pm

Re: Bicentennial Bikeway Upgade, Hale St East and West

Postby licensed » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:25 pm

Hale Street East: William Jolly Bridge to Go Between Bridge
[4900-BCC-BicentennialBikewayHaleStEast-A4Flyer9]

Map of the Hale Street East closure and recommended detour. Click for a larger version.

Scheduled: April June 2011 – January 2012
Closure starts 15 June 2011:
Closed to cyclists and pedestrians 24 hours between Go Between Bridge and Makerston Street ramp
Detour via Go Between Bridge and Kurilpa Bridge, Victoria Bridge or Goodwill Bridge, using the paths upgraded by the earlier Kurilpa Park and related works
Construction updates:
Construction 13 Jun – 25 Jun ( PDF, 70 kB) (14 Jun 2011)
Some more information is on BCC MIPO’s Hale Street East page


http://www.cbdbug.org.au/wp-content/upl ... Flyer9.pdf

As of tomorrow i now have another kilometre, 2 more good? sized hills, and more traffic to contend with on my commute to work :S

lethoso
Posts: 1565
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:56 pm
Location: brisbane, 4101

Re: Bicentennial Bikeway Upgade, Hale St East and West

Postby lethoso » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:37 pm

licensed wrote:As of tomorrow i now have another kilometre, 2 more good? sized hills, and more traffic to contend with on my commute to work :S


it's part of the government's initiative to get people more active
Image

User avatar
Max
Posts: 2895
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:29 pm
Location: Brisbane
Contact:

Re: Bicentennial Bikeway Upgade, Hale St East and West

Postby Max » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:03 am

lethoso wrote:
licensed wrote:As of tomorrow i now have another kilometre, 2 more good? sized hills, and more traffic to contend with on my commute to work :S


it's part of the government's initiative to get people more active


:lol: Nice one. :lol:

Max
One of the best things about bicycle commuting is that it can mitigate the displeasure of having to go to work. - BikeSnobNYC
Cycling is sometimes like bobbing for apples in a bucket full of dicks. - SydGuy

User avatar
Kenzo
Posts: 1680
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:13 am
Location: Daisy Hill / Brisbane, Southside FTW
Contact:

Bicentennial Bikeway Upgade, Hale St East and West

Postby Kenzo » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:04 am

licensed wrote:http://www.cbdbug.org.au/wp-content/upl ... Flyer9.pdf

As of tomorrow i now have another kilometre, 2 more good? sized hills, and more traffic to contend with on my commute to work :S

I can't figure out where these hills are supposed to be... Other than the bridges themselves, the routes are flat.

Undertow
Posts: 270
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 12:25 pm

Re: Bicentennial Bikeway Upgade, Hale St East and West

Postby Undertow » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:09 am

Kenzo wrote:
licensed wrote:http://www.cbdbug.org.au/wp-content/upl ... Flyer9.pdf

As of tomorrow i now have another kilometre, 2 more good? sized hills, and more traffic to contend with on my commute to work :S

I can't figure out where these hills are supposed to be... Other than the bridges themselves, the routes are flat.


And depending on where you are going into the city you can just do what I do and exit the bikepath and cross coro at cribb st, then continue up coro and onto north quay.
Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jasonc