Friday ride - Gold Coast

Friday ride - Gold Coast

Postby hosko » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:59 pm

Looking to go for a few hours on Friday morning. Weather reports at the moment say it should be a nice day...

At the moment I am thinking about completing something like this.

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/37604994

Would head off after dropping the kids at school in the morning - to Jacob's Well and then head back.

Have the day off work so thought it would be a shame to waste it without going for a pedal.

Anyway, if anyone else wants to come along...more than welcome
2013 Malvern Star Oppy Di2
hosko

by BNA » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:25 am

BNA

Re: Friday ride - Gold Coast

Postby hosko » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:25 am

Shame now one else could make it...

Anyway here is the route I went: http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/37821696

Have a nice graze up my left knee... got to a set of traffic lights with about 5km to go..went to uncleat....nothing happened!!! :roll:

Nothing happened to the bike which was good. Haven't had skin off my knee since I was a kid when I think I didn't have any most of the time :)

Jacobs Well is a nice quite place. The road out is a little rough, however one the way back I didn't notice it as much. Nice little coffee shop in town on the left hand side after going straight through the round-a-bout in the middle of town.

Slight into wind on the return journey, wasn't too bad. Was under 2hours for 50km which I was happy about.

Stupidest thing happened, just before I got to the Coomera cop shop, another cyclist passed me so we were two wide for about 5 seconds. He was moving. A truck comes along just at that moment, starts leaning on his horn :x I wasn't riding with the guy and no on coming traffic and we were far enough over not to infringe on him.

Can I swear in this forums... or you can guess what I am thinking....?

Apart from that...even with the little bit of skin removed, had a brilliant morning. Looking to go for a ride on the southern end of the coast on Sunday Morning. (Robina area)
2013 Malvern Star Oppy Di2
hosko

Return to Queensland