Scumbag on Queen St (AT) 8am today

The 2nd Womble

Re: Scumbag on Queen St (AT) 8am today

Postby The 2nd Womble » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:58 pm

Lark2004 wrote:
Kenzo wrote:Sounds like a north-sider.... :twisted:
Funny that, I was thinking he probably lives down near Logan.... :P
There were too many buttons on that shirt for anyone from Logan to have been able to deal with it
The only good Cyclist is a Bicyclist

Huge fan of booted RGers who just can't help themselves

munga

Postby munga » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:23 pm

uhh press-studs? 8)

vaeske

Postby vaeske » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:28 pm

wow, I tend to filter queen down to eagle in the mornings however i always do it at a speed I can brake at any time coz you just don't know. Especially after I got knocked off the bike by a girl coming out of the car while the those new lights on eagle turned green.

That guy must've had a bad day :D

Queestce

Postby Queestce » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:24 pm

vaeske wrote:wow, I tend to filter queen down to eagle in the mornings however i always do it at a speed I can brake at any time coz you just don't know.
Yea, likewise. The most dangerous thing I've encountered on my morning commute to work was just out the front of the Customs House on Queen Street. I was riding pretty quick down the road (no traffic at that point), bout 40kph I suppose, in the left hand lane as there were cars in the right lane about 50m behind me. Anyway, there were lots of pedestrians waiting to cross as the lights out the front of the Customs House, lights were green so I didn't get too twitchy on the anchors approaching them. All seemed orderly and no-one was j-walking. Then out of the blue when I am less than 2-3 meters from this guy he just steps out onto the road into my lane directly in front of me without even glancing to the right (he was looking straight to the left...). Luckily he heard me start to say "FARKING JEBUS" and managed to jump back just as I brushed passed him. I clipped his sachel bag and ripped it clean off him out onto the road. Needless to say he looked a little surprised :roll: Crisis averted, and as much as I don't enjoy a close call, I do always appreciate it when I am given the chance to ride away from something like that with only my future vigilance effected!

damhooligan

Postby damhooligan » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:31 pm

lethoso wrote:yeah, pouring petrol on the fire is clearly the solution :roll:

You're both idiots, hope that helps!

:lol:
Where is this *like* button.. :lol:
The dutch have one word to describe the aussie MHL, this word is ;
SCHIJNVEILIGHEID !!

The 2nd Womble

Postby The 2nd Womble » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:15 pm

Unfortunately I don't walk on water. BTW, Pot Kettle with your reply for getting angry at much less than I did on the day?
If I had to live the rest of my life knowing I'd run over someone normal instead of the complete Twat I now know him to be, it wouldn't be much of a life. I don't think I'd cope.
I'd rather tell someone they're a ****ing idiot for risking their life and my livelyhood than scrape them out from under my wheel arches thanks. :?

lethoso

Postby lethoso » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:47 pm

The 2nd Womble wrote:

Unfortunately I don't walk on water. BTW, Pot Kettle with your reply for getting angry at much less than I did on the day?
If I had to live the rest of my life knowing I'd run over someone normal instead of the complete Twat I now know him to be, it wouldn't be much of a life. I don't think I'd cope.
I'd rather tell someone they're a ****ing idiot for risking their life and my livelyhood than scrape them out from under my wheel arches thanks. :?
Do you genuinely think hurling abuse out of your truck window is going to to anything other than intimidate and antagonise the guy after he's nearly been creamed? I know when I've had close calls I get so hopped up on adrenaline I don't think straight. Some guy abusing me in that state is most definately not going to get a "cheerio, thanks for the tip mate".

munga

Postby munga » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:16 pm

bloody truckie couriers are the worst of 'em all!

The 2nd Womble

Postby The 2nd Womble » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:41 pm

Ha!