Vault Crit TODAY

Vault Crit TODAY

Postby winstonw » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:42 am

If you want to see some of the best and most aggressive crit racing, get down to Brisbane's Nundah Criterium track today.

Start List
http://www.qld.cycling.org.au/site/cycling/qld/downloads/Events/start-list/2011/Vault%20Criterium%20Start%20List.pdf
Watch some of Australia's best crit racers compete for $30,000.
If you can't get there, watch it live streamed here:
http://boomtimecyclesystems.com.au/Events/TheVaultCrit.aspx

NOT daylight saving time
9.15am Div4
10.10am Div3
11.15 Div5 Corporate Comp
12.20 Div2
1.45 Div1
winstonw

by BNA » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:04 pm

BNA

Re: Vault Crit TODAY

Postby sumgy » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:04 pm

Div 3 was a crash fest.
2 of my team mates taken out in 2 seperate incidents on the last lap and I had someone almost chop my wheel on the 2nd last lap (luckily I was able to jump off onto the grass and continue). Also 2 of the 3 women racing taken out in one of these incidents; 1 person taken away in an ambulance with a broken collar bone I heard and another ambulance showed up just as I was leaving.
All incidents as a result of someone not holding their line.
Several other "almost" incidents along the way too.
Not sure that 60 people racing at the same time was a great idea myself.
Last edited by sumgy on Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sumgy

Postby marinmomma » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:07 pm

I was there for the Div 3 race, hope those injured will be ok....great racing though until the last lap.

Due to other commitments we had to leave early, would have loved to stay to watch Div 1 and 2 go round.
Lisa
marinmomma

Postby winstonw » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:29 pm

sumgy wrote:Div 3 was a crash fest.

Yup. Div 2 and 3 were better behaved, no crashes though a couple of Div3 run wide into the grass. The higher number of primes spread the riders better.
The Div4 pack was too tight in the final laps, wall to wall across the track, cowboys not holding line causing others to brake. 40 is enough for Nundah.
When idiots break line, or use elbows, lighter weight girls (and guys) are more at risk.
Most know in a big pack on Nundah, if you aren't in the front runners at the last bend, give it up.
The feeling is there's been a lot of new riders come to racing in the last 5 years, and they need a racing education they are currently not getting.

The announcer said two broken clavicles at the last bend, but one was a dislocated shoulder that the ambos spent too long popping back in.
Of interest was the 2 foot red bellied black several of us had to shuffle away from the track during Div2.
winstonw

Return to Queensland