Cycle Queensland 2012

RonK

Re: Cycle Queensland 2012

Postby RonK » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:22 pm

Max wrote:I have to say that I am really looking forward to just unwinding and forgetting about the world for a while. I can't wait :D

Max
Is Mum taking the Vivente Max? First tour?

I'm leaving for NZ in 7 weeks. Unwinding and forgetting about the world is high on my agenda too.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

Max

Postby Max » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:47 pm

Yes, she is taking the Vivente, panniers and all. Not quite a tour, since our luggage will be in the truck, but still an adventure. :)

Max
One of the best things about bicycle commuting is that it can mitigate the displeasure of having to go to work. - BikeSnobNYC
Cycling is sometimes like bobbing for apples in a bucket full of dicks. - SydGuy

The 2nd Womble

Postby The 2nd Womble » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:43 pm

the grid wrote:
The 2nd Womble wrote:I'm trust your entry fees are going towards a charitable cause?
Hmmm does everything need to be for a charity !! I am so tired of political correctness
You can elect to fundraise for your own charity if you need to feel god about your ride . Otherwise just enjoy the company, food, entertainment and countryside
Very true, but it gives me a buzz when I know someone is benefiting, and sick kids is a good'n.
The only good Cyclist is a Bicyclist

Huge fan of booted RGers who just can't help themselves

osrg

Postby osrg » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:55 am

The 2nd Womble wrote:
the grid wrote:
The 2nd Womble wrote:I'm trust your entry fees are going towards a charitable cause?
Hmmm does everything need to be for a charity !! I am so tired of political correctness
You can elect to fundraise for your own charity if you need to feel god about your ride . Otherwise just enjoy the company, food, entertainment and countryside
Very true, but it gives me a buzz when I know someone is benefiting, and sick kids is a good'n.
I've helped raise with a close friend of mine over $14,000 for The Fragile X Association of Australia for the upcoming ride..... does that count?

2 of the 3 children of the friend in question have recently been diagnosed with Fragile X.... so it's certainly been an effort close to my heart.

the grid

Postby the grid » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:54 am

$14,000 is awesome well done!

Max

Postby Max » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:54 am

I'm on my way! Woohoo!!!! See you all in Gayndah!

:D

Max
One of the best things about bicycle commuting is that it can mitigate the displeasure of having to go to work. - BikeSnobNYC
Cycling is sometimes like bobbing for apples in a bucket full of dicks. - SydGuy

osrg

Postby osrg » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:01 pm

How did we all go today? Any tales of triumph or woe?

osrg

Postby osrg » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:30 pm

Day 2 in the books, Long Option - 113kms. Flat tyre at 53kms, but didn't detract from the awesomeness of the ride out to Paradise Dam.... The first 80 odd km's were epic, but the last 30, due to another 2 flats and a slow leak combined with a less than average road surface..... was not so epic.

osrg

Postby osrg » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:35 pm

Day 3 done. 84kms from Biggenden to Maryborough. Very undulating roads, varying surfaces ranging from smooth to quite rough and abrasive. Headwind at times, but overall a cruisey day on the bike, done in 2hrs 55 at 29km/h average.Image

Max

Postby Max » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:00 pm

Today just about killed me. So many climbs... individually not difficult, but the quantity, combined with headwinds and very rough roads made it a tough ride. Thank god for Easy Campeasy.

Looking forward to a flat ride tomorrow. Or so they reckon!

:)

Max

----------
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk. All typos are Auto-Correct's fault, not mine ;)

the grid

Postby the grid » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:22 pm

All over!!

Overall loved it but not as much as my son.
Hard days on the tandem with daily breakdowns finally sorted for the last two legs.
How good was that closed road descending for 5 kms into Noosa

Congrats to the 82 yo who did each leg