Went for a ride today

Went for a ride today

Postby briztoon » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:18 pm

down to Wellington Point, then back out to Cannon Hill and the usual loop. Saw quite a lot of bikes out and about on my trip. However most of them were on the back of or top of cars. Guess I go riding to late for most people. Saw only 4 other riders on my ride between 10:30am to 12:30pm.
Image
briztoon
 
Posts: 1236
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:15 am
Location: Belmont, Brisbane

by BNA » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:21 pm

BNA
 

Re: Went for a ride today

Postby Comedian » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:21 pm

I did a cootha and river loop this morning and thought it was pretty quiet too given it was the first really nice morning for a few days. :?: :?:
Once you can climb hills on a bike it's all downhill. :mrgreen:

Hopefully I'll know what that's like..... one day. :shock: :lol:

Image
User avatar
Comedian
 
Posts: 4411
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Went for a ride today

Postby PB12IN » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:06 am

my wife didn't get home from work till 8 this morning, now she has gone to bed for the day, so no ride for me as i have to take care of the kids.
:(
PB12IN
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:34 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Re: Went for a ride today

Postby Crawf » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:37 am

Comedian wrote:I did a cootha and river loop this morning and thought it was pretty quiet too given it was the first really nice morning for a few days. :?: :?:


I thought I spotted you at Nundah on Sunday morning... looked like the guy from your weight loss thread, but obviously not, you have a double? :)
Crawf
 
Posts: 1660
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:20 pm

Re: Went for a ride today

Postby RonK » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:07 pm

briztoon wrote:Guess I go riding to late for most people. Saw only 4 other riders on my ride between 10:30am to 12:30pm.

Guess so - most bunch rides start at 5:30 AM in summer...
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...
User avatar
RonK
 
Posts: 5299
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Brisbane, Queensland

Re: Went for a ride today

Postby liquor box » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:48 pm

RonK wrote:
briztoon wrote:Guess I go riding to late for most people. Saw only 4 other riders on my ride between 10:30am to 12:30pm.

Guess so - most bunch rides start at 5:30 AM in summer...

I try to be gone from home by 5.30am at the latest when I dont work as it seems to beat the wind. If I work I dont get on the road until 8.30am (shift work!) and usually am into the wind on the way home. It seems the earlier ride misses the winds most days.

I guess heat has a bit to do with it for most people but I dont mind the hot days, it is the wind that is my issue
liquor box
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:41 pm

Re: Went for a ride today

Postby Comedian » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:11 pm

Crawf wrote:
Comedian wrote:I did a cootha and river loop this morning and thought it was pretty quiet too given it was the first really nice morning for a few days. :?: :?:


I thought I spotted you at Nundah on Sunday morning... looked like the guy from your weight loss thread, but obviously not, you have a double? :)


I must have because I wasn't anywhere near Nundah :)
Once you can climb hills on a bike it's all downhill. :mrgreen:

Hopefully I'll know what that's like..... one day. :shock: :lol:

Image
User avatar
Comedian
 
Posts: 4411
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Went for a ride today

Postby briztoon » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:17 am

I usually finish work around 1am, get to bed some time between 2am and 3am, so generally don't get out of bed before 9am. So yeah I miss out on the shop group rides on the weekend. While I ride similar distances to many of the shop rides, I doubt I'd keep up. If there is no wind I cruze somewhere between 28km to 32km. If there's a (strong) wind, well I can get knocked back to 20km along the Wynnum Manly fore shore.
Image
briztoon
 
Posts: 1236
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:15 am
Location: Belmont, Brisbane

Re: Went for a ride today

Postby maicoboy » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:30 pm

most of them were on the back of or top of cars


There was a triathlon at Raby Bay on Sunday morning with about 1500 competitors. Many of the bikes on cars would have been triathletes on their way home from 10:30am onwards.
maicoboy
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 5:05 pm
Location: Brisbane


Return to Queensland

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users



Popular Bike Shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ebay Ebay AU

“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter

> FREE BNA Stickers
> BNA Cycling Kit