Ride route help - osrg

briztoon

Ride route help - osrg

Postby briztoon » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:55 am

In the thread goals for 2012 osrg listed - Climb Mt Gravatt & Mt Cootha, riding to and from both as one of his. I quite like this idea, but have no idea what route to ride from Mt Gravatt to Mt Cootha, so would like to hear some ideas from people.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

osrg

Re: Ride route help - osrg

Postby osrg » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:06 am

Mate, i ride with John and Zac from Rival Bikes here in Wynnum. They both do Coot-tha and Mt Gravatt weekely, so I'll drop Zac a line over the next couple of days and find the route out. I'm sure they'd have no qualms with you tagging along!

RonK

Postby RonK » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:20 am

This route is mostly by road except for a section of bikeway along Coronation Drive and a short section and bike bridge at the end of Sylvan Road

You can also use the bikeway from Stones Corner to Southbank.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

briztoon

Postby briztoon » Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:29 pm

I've been playing with google maps.

Unfortunately it doesn't let me link a mapped ride, so this is what I've come up with. If you put in Mt Gravatt to T J Doyle Memorial Park Dr, Dutton Park you get the first part of the ride. Then it's across the bridge to University of Queensland St Lucia Campus, Sir William Macgregor Drive, through the Uni to Carmody Rd, to Burns Rd on to Sherwood Rd on to Woodstock Rd on to Dean St, then swing on to Mt. Coot-Tha Rd.

London Boy

Postby London Boy » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:50 pm

briztoon wrote:I've been playing with google maps.

Unfortunately it doesn't let me link a mapped ride, so this is what I've come up with. If you put in Mt Gravatt to T J Doyle Memorial Park Dr, Dutton Park you get the first part of the ride. Then it's across the bridge to University of Queensland St Lucia Campus, Sir William Macgregor Drive, through the Uni to Carmody Rd, to Burns Rd on to Sherwood Rd on to Woodstock Rd on to Dean St, then swing on to Mt. Coot-Tha Rd.
Try this route. You could also go across to the bike path on the Tarragindi side of the motorway, here. Not sure there's any advantage to doing that. Logan Road isn't bad for riding along.