New Rider in Central Brisbane

Flippies11

New Rider in Central Brisbane

Postby Flippies11 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:43 pm

Hey guys,

Once upon a time i did a fair bit of riding, although thanks to the uni life i haven't been riding at all. Since I have finished uni I have bought myself a bike and would like to get to know some people to go for rides with in central Brisbane. It gets a bit boring riding by yourself.

At the moment I am just trying to build up my fitness again and get back out to enjoy the rides.

If anyone is interested let me know!

Cheers,

Joe

briztoon

Re: New Rider in Central Brisbane

Postby briztoon » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:05 am

Hi Joe,

Welcome to BNA. I sometimes throw up a "going for a ride thread" detailing where I am going. Some rides are over the bridge at Dutton Park to UQ and to the bottom of Mt. Coot-Tha, others are down along the Wynnum and Manly foreshore. I do sometimes ride with a couple of guys from work or another forum member from BNA. Most of my rides start mid morning between 9:30am - 10am (I usually finish work at 1am), and depending how long they are, can go to mid afternoon. I've only been riding for six months, so I am still building a fitness base and don't ride fast yet.

Anyway, you're more than welcome to come along for a ride. However I better warn you some times I get a little lost if it's a new route. But that's part of the fun. Next ride I'll be posting up will probably be Monday over the Gateway Bridge up to Boondall via the bike track that runs through the wet lands.

briz

notwal

Postby notwal » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:54 pm

You could always hook onto a bunch on the river ride in the early morning. Say 6.00 to 7.00AM at Qld Uni riverside drive. Just roll up behind em and say "Mind if I tag along?"
judged, insulted, gone

koen

Postby koen » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:27 am

I sometimes join a pretty casual group on Saturday morning that welcomes anyone. They leave ?, or assemble anyway, at the Regatta Ferry terminal at 6.15 and do about a 35k ride round the river to West End for coffee averaging less than 30kph with a few brief pauses to catch people up. Look for some riders with Transport Dept looking lycra.
Cheers,Owen

Flippies11

Postby Flippies11 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:04 pm

Owen,

The saturday morning ride sounds interesting, I might go along for a look in the morning and see how I go.

Cheers,

Joe