Final stage of bikepath underway

KonaCommuter

Postby KonaCommuter » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:32 pm

http://www.couriermail.com.au/questnews ... 6243737629

Cyclists will have a new way forward with the start of $1.8 million of works on the final section of the Downfall Creek Bikeway.

Construction of stage one was completed in 2009 and construction on stage two was completed in 2010.

Brisbane Lord Mayor Graham Quirk said stage three would construct an off-road shared pathway from Wellington Street, through Warburton Park (behind Whitfield Street), underneath Sandgate Road and the Queensland Rail line, linking into the existing shared path behind Virginia State School and Virginia Railway Station.

"With the completion of this final stage, this bikeway will connect thousands of commuters to key destinations across Brisbane's northern suburbs," he said.

The project would link bikeway users to the Downfall Creek Greenway providing a continuous bicycle and pedestrian connection between Raven Street Reserve, Chermside West and the Zillman Waterholes and Nundah Creek at Boondall, Mr Quirk said.

He said the bikeway would include a three metre wide, 520 metre long shared pathway with lighting and the project was expected to open in May.
2012 Oppy A4

PB12IN

Re: Final stage of bikepath underway

Postby PB12IN » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:25 am

Love the comments. So the idiots don't want cyclists on the road, and god forbid that council build a path to get them off the road either.

beauyboy

Re: Final stage of bikepath underway

Postby beauyboy » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:53 pm

All I have to say is big deal. This was spose to of been completed last financial year.
He may be building it but I am still pi**ed off that it is running close to a year late!

Donald
BCC give us some more bikeways fore safe travel!!!!
Upgrade the NCL now QR!!!!!!
http://nakedcyclistbrissy.blogspot.com/
My views do not represent any organisation I may be apart of unless otherwise stated