SMIDSY Collision Days Rd/Kedron Brook Road Roundabout GRANGE

trailgumby

Re: SMIDSY Collision Days Rd/Kedron Brook Road Roundabout GR

Postby trailgumby » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:45 pm

I'm afraid Oxford no longer participates on this forum. After being rear-ended and seriously injured he has opted to cease commuter cycling in order to avoid stressing out his family.

spirro

Postby spirro » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:50 pm

trailgumby wrote:I'm afraid Oxford no longer participates on this forum. After being rear-ended and seriously injured he has opted to cease commuter cycling in order to avoid stressing out his family.
Bugger! Sorry to hear that!
Focus Cayo Evo 2.0 2014

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:31 am

spirro wrote:
Oxford wrote:I changed my route to avoid that roundabout when I was cycle commuting. KB Road and the Days Rd roundabout are probably close to the worse sections of the route I used to ride. the worse section did eventually claim me, but it was unavoidable or the alternatives were as bad.
Sorry for raising an old thread. Can I ask what route you take to avoid that roundabout?

Thanks
Consider going up York St and then Paling Ave if you'd like to avoid things. There are a heap of options in those quiet back streets. Unfortunately all hilly. :(

spirro

Postby spirro » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:31 am

Went through that roundabout on the way home yesterday for the first time during peak hour (my first commute to work). I entered the roundabout and the car entering from the bottom end of Days Rd didn't give way to me. Luckily I saw this clown wasn't going to stop so I slowed down to let her through. She had her window down so gave her a bit of a yell and startled her as she went passed me.
Focus Cayo Evo 2.0 2014