Retro Riverloop Raturdays :D

Wazza

Re: Retro Riverloop Raturdays :D

Postby Wazza » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:22 am

Hope you guys have had a good morning. I am sitting with Dad in hospital, doesn't look too serious. Fingers crossed :|
Wazza

munga

Postby munga » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:03 am

best thing about hospitals is the egg and lettuce sammiches in the cafe.
hope yer dads alright, wazza.

elantra

Postby elantra » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:09 am

Wazza wrote:Hope you guys have had a good morning. I am sitting with Dad in hospital, doesn't look too serious. Fingers crossed :|
Good riding conditions this morning, nice temp, just a bit of rain and some wet roads.
Highlights included -
Pit stop at the Uni Tennis club,
some guy trying to riverloop on a citycycle,
miraculous repair on a snapped seatpost bolt,
more mundane repair on a bystanders' carbon bike loose crank,
and a bit of CX riding through a section of "strada le mud" at West End.

Hope your dad makes a quick recovery and your weekend becomes yours again.

Wal42

Postby Wal42 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:18 am

Wazza wrote:Hope you guys have had a good morning. I am sitting with Dad in hospital, doesn't look too serious. Fingers crossed :|

Hope your father gets well soon & it isn't too serious.

No video's from this mornings ride, some idiot pressed the low-light button instead of the record button.

5 riders this morning, Dan & Elantra up front, Velo 13 & Funnybike in the middle & moi slowing the whole show down at the back. Slight issue with a seat clamp bolt had us stopped at the golf course, eventually it was fixed with a little ghetto mechanics & nearly made it to the end without the seat sliding back into the frame. Rain began as we got to Dornoch Terrace, Dan & Velo 13 decided to head straight for West End & coffee, the 3 amigo's did the 'hard man' thing & toughed it out. I forgot to warn Elantra about the mud across the road at the 'Uni' (turns out the Uni of Technology isn't there at all, which was why nobody understood where the 'mud across the road at the Uni' was), was funny hearing a string of 'colourful' language from behind me when Elantra found out for himself that it was a 'bit' slippery, nobody went down, some cyclo-cross riding was called for & I got a giggle at Elantra's expense.

5 bikes out, 5 bikes safely back, that's got to be a pretty good result, the only issue came from the 'modern' bike (we should really ban these things from our rides, they're too blinking un-reliable) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (sorry Velo, I just had to stick that in), the mud is on Riverside Drive, just after the Regatta Apartments section & the council has yet to clean it up, it is pretty slippery when it's wet.

Next Raturday will be from Blackwood Street Michelton to Nudgee Beach & return (I have to ride it tomorrow to make sure it is clear enough to ride), easy flat 50km round trip, just the thing for those of us doing the Prince Charles Hospital Charity ride on Sunday from Landsborough to Chermside. If the Kedron Brook bikeway is still a mess then we'll have to come up with an alternate flat easy 'warm up' ride.

Dan

Postby Dan » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:44 am

Long way for funnybike to travel from NZ - think you mean supermanlegs ;)

Wal42

Postby Wal42 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:42 pm

Dan wrote:Long way for funnybike to travel from NZ - think you mean supermanlegs ;)
Oops, you're right my bad, I could go back & edit it then nobody would know I stuffed up, but I won't.

Wazza

Postby Wazza » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:08 pm

Wal42 wrote: Hope your father gets well soon & it isn't too serious.
He is fine another night or 2 in hospital for a couple of further tests then home Monday evening (fingers crossed)
Wal42 wrote: 5 riders this morning, Dan & Elantra up front, Velo 13 & Funnybike in the middle & moi slowing the whole show down at the back.
Not unexpected
Wal42 wrote:Next Raturday will be from Blackwood Street Michelton to Nudgee Beach & return (I have to ride it tomorrow to make sure it is clear enough to ride), easy flat 50km round trip, just the thing for those of us doing the Prince Charles Hospital Charity ride on Sunday from Landsborough to Chermside. If the Kedron Brook bikeway is still a mess then we'll have to come up with an alternate flat easy 'warm up' ride.
:shock: :shock:
50k Raturday
30k Home to Caboolture station
100k Landsborough to Chermside
????k Chermside home

Gulp: Big weekend coming up
Wazza

vaeske

Postby vaeske » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:27 am

that'll be interesting...looking forward to this one.

Velo13

Postby Velo13 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:33 am

Wal42 wrote:the only issue came from the 'modern' bike (we should really ban these things from our rides, they're too blinking un-reliable) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (sorry Velo, I just had to stick that in)
It is 15 years old Wal! Or was it just the brifters ..... :wink:

Dan

Postby Dan » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:21 am

Groundhog Day. Didn't we figure out that we all like bikes, and that we all ride whatever we like? Toaster, meet bathtub.... :shock:

Wal42

Postby Wal42 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:24 pm

Velo13 wrote: It is 15 years old Wal! Or was it just the brifters ..... :wink:

That's modern!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

supermanlegs

Postby supermanlegs » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:01 pm

I'd be happy to be called funnybikes - you should see some of the girls I ride - 20" bmx on mtb enduros, 1930's and 1940's track bikes for daily commuting - apologies about turning up on a nice carbo though:evil:

(Never take my percieved attitude too seriously - I confuse myself :? )

munga

Postby munga » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:03 pm

funnybike is the guy on the c59. he does have retro bikes, but when you get a new c59 for your birthday, you kinda don't want to ride anything else..
you might have seen him on a traditional steel-framed red bike with frogs on it too.

Wal42

Postby Wal42 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:11 pm

Was it carbon????

Must have been the water I my glasses, as I didn't notice.

He who (without going into his range of MTB's) has a '12, an '05, an 02, a late 90's,a '97,an 89-90, a '85, a '83-4, a '78,a 77 and '76 model road bikes (oh plus the Superlite which I think is early 80's), see I've got nothing against modern bikes either, in fact I own a few.

Yeah I know, I was only over at his joint last week chatting to him, mistaken identity or maybe I did have Alzheimer's (just can't remember where I left it).

Shpox

Postby Shpox » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:45 pm

Keen to join you lads tomorrow! BOM says that the morning is going to be fine so I'm very interested to get some nice km's in.

Would any of you be interested in venturing up Coot Tha after? :?:

Dan

Postby Dan » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:43 pm

Best check whether the boys are doing a flat run to nudgee, as they're all doing the Landsborough ride Sunday.

elantra

Postby elantra » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:37 pm

Shpox wrote:Keen to join you lads tomorrow! BOM says that the morning is going to be fine so I'm very interested to get some nice km's in.

Would any of you be interested in venturing up CootTha after? :?:
Meeting at Blackwood St. 6am.
prob no Cootha-ing for me afterwards for a variety of reasons including general slackness.
But i live near Coottha so stranger things have happened...

Shpox

Postby Shpox » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:43 pm

Ah thanks guys. Missed Wal's post. Just my luck as it seems as it live a bit far from Mitchelton so I'll probably head up Coot Tha myself.

Catch you next week and good luck on Sunday :wink:

Lots of steel bikes

Postby Lots of steel bikes » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:59 pm

With the Sizzling Summer Series at Crestmead about to start it got me thinking. What about a retro race/exhibition ride as part of the series. I know it's too late for this year but would give a year of planning (and training). I imagine perhaps the first race of the first week. Nothing too serious, just the spectacle of retro racing bikes reliving the glory days. Perhaps a slow rollout with each rider given the chance to lap the field. Most of us have that dream. Something to tell the grandkids about. We could give the commentator some info about each bike... number 42 is riding a Bianchi similar to what Fausto Coppi won the...
We wouldn't get to excited about what bike can be entered, as long as it looks the part. Not sure if a racing licence would be needed.
Any thoughts?

Shpox

Postby Shpox » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:22 pm

If you did go ahead with such a thing, I'd be happy to bring my camera gear along to do a photoshoot.

Wazza

Postby Wazza » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:18 pm

Any starters for a normal Raturday?
Waz
Wazza

Dan

Postby Dan » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:21 pm

Dude, check your invites dude. Dude.

Wazza

Postby Wazza » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:37 pm

Wazza wrote:Any starters for a normal Raturday?
Waz
I'll try again!
Wazza

Dan

Postby Dan » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:24 pm

yep!

albertgaleano

Postby albertgaleano » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:34 am

Iam keen for a ride saturday, where and when????