Retro Riverloop Raturdays :D

munga

Re: Retro Riverloop Raturdays :D

Postby munga » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:54 pm

http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewt ... 25&t=53344" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

yeah it's uhhh 62cm. have a gander. i'm at springfield lake if you wanna come and have a squizz. or come for ride and/or cawfie and have a look on raturday

Crowz

Postby Crowz » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:59 pm

diggerdantheman wrote:
Crowz wrote:
munga wrote:i've got a 60cm malvern star frame sitting here if it's any good to you
I'm starting to think that getting a complete set would be best for now as I wouldn't really know how to put it all together/which parts to source. Thoughts?
I suspect that between the five or six of us we could virtually (as in theoretically) together a bike tonight for you....
Haha seems like i've stumbled upon a great little biking community here. I've been trawling eBay and Gumtree the past week or so looking at everything. Looks like there could be a few goers in the coming days. My head's telling me to get something not too expensive but functional, and my heart's telling me to get something in great nick that looks cool - what a terrible conundrum to have :lol:
I appreciate the initiative Dan but know that I'm a poor uni student in no rush to purchase.

Dan

Postby Dan » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:04 pm

Crowz wrote:I appreciate the initiative Dan but know that I'm a poor uni student in no rush to purchase.
Ha! That's no excuse, as I'm a poor uni student with a new baby... :D In all seriousness though, sing out and we'll help in any way we can. If you find something that fits and you're happy with, buy it, ride it and enjoy it.

6:00 saturday morning at the Melbourne for Raturday btw - bonus points for Rosie's door stamps and stolen Victory bar runners....

Crowz

Postby Crowz » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:07 pm

diggerdantheman wrote:
Crowz wrote:I appreciate the initiative Dan but know that I'm a poor uni student in no rush to purchase.
Ha! That's no excuse, as I'm a poor uni student with a new baby... :D In all seriousness though, sing out and we'll help in any way we can. If you find something that fits and you're happy with, buy it, ride it and enjoy it.

6:00 saturday morning at the Melbourne for Raturday btw - bonus points for Rosie's door stamps and stolen Victory bar runners....
Unfortunately I work every 2 of 3 Saturdays starting at 8am so I won't be a regular at the rides. Will definitely try and make something happen when I procure a bike though.

Crowz

Postby Crowz » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:47 pm

munga wrote:Image
Did I see this Green/Yellow/Orange Superlite on eBay or is it one just like it?

Dan

Postby Dan » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:38 am

Crowz wrote:
munga wrote:Image
Did I see this Green/Yellow/Orange Superlite on eBay or is it one just like it?
Same colourway, different frame. Repco probably made about forty-eight million of them...

vaeske

Postby vaeske » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:31 am

yeah besides, the frame on ebay is a whopper of a 62cm. so unless you can ride that. not a bad deal.

Dan

Postby Dan » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:52 am

vaeske wrote:BNA Queensland mafia unite!!! We must keep this here!
It's sitting at $260 still.

Dan

Postby Dan » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:10 pm

I'm readying myself for a shot down in flames style crash-and-burn, but what about this as a step up preparation for B2GC? There's some good midway coffee at Manly, surely...

Wynnum Loop

Thoughts? I don't mean to step on any Riverloop toes - we could perhaps even swing it to go over the Gateway?

RonK

Postby RonK » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:02 pm

diggerdantheman wrote:There's some good midway coffee at Manly, surely...

Thoughts? I don't mean to step on any Riverloop toes - we could perhaps even swing it to go over the Gateway?
It was a bit of a shemozzle finding a way around the port roads last Saturday, with all the roadworks underway.
But I'll be departing from Kurilpa Bridge Tank Street at around 6am again this Saturday to do a 50km ride down to Lota via the Gateway, if you are not too dazzled by titanium bling and can live with touring bike pace.
Last edited by RonK on Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

vaeske

Postby vaeske » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:08 pm

RonK wrote:
diggerdantheman wrote:There's some good midway coffee at Manly, surely...

It was a bit if a shemozzle finding a way around the port roads last Saturday, with all the roadworks underway.
But I'll be departing from Kurilpa Bridge Tank Street at around 6am again this Saturday to do a 50km ride down to Lota via the Gateway, if you are not too dazzled by titanium bling and can live with touring bike pace.
Either Dan's Suggestion or Ronks. i'm up for a ride.

Dan

Postby Dan » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:29 pm

want to go over the gateway vaeske?

vaeske

Postby vaeske » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:39 pm

yeah i think wal also mentioned gateway on our ride over to redcliffe.. put me down for a yes.

RonK

Postby RonK » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:12 pm

Well, if you are interested, this is my regular out-and-back route. As best as Google can map it anyway. It's about 50km from my doorstep in Tank Street. I usually alternate it with a Sandgate route, but I need some solid hill climbing on the Gateway before I depart for New Zealand in a few weeks.

There are roadworks in progress at Lytton, but there is an easy diversion if required.

Cuttlefish Cafe on the Manly Esplanade is popular with cyclists for a coffee stop. My preference is to have breakfast and coffee post ride at Groove Train in King George Square, but I'm flexible.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

Wal42

Postby Wal42 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:13 pm

I'll go basically with the majority, but if munga prefers a riverloop then I'll do that. Both you vaeske & Dan should find the B2GC easy enough, there are very few big hills (not that they worry you guys), vaeske, we did 60+kms on Raturday arvo, Dan we did a smidge over 50 kms on Sunday, the 100 of the B2GC will be a walk in the park.

Other news, I commuted on the Vantage today, it's a different bike to the Kenetic (yeah I know ones a Repco & the other is a Malvern Star), the 'feel' of the Vantage is that it's a heavier bike, but the 'butt' feel is that it's a quicker bike, the times?

Yep, when I dumped the times into the program they're pretty much the same, they're both 6 speed (Vantage is Shim SIS, the Kenetic is Suntour), they're both 'touring' models, similar wheels (Weinmann's on the Vantage, Araya's on the Kenetic), the Vantage is roughly a 58cm, the Kenetic is pretty much a 56cm, but the Vantage feels more 'stuck' on the road but seems to run harder.

I had sort of offered someone that I'd sell them the Vantage for a bit less than the price of the parts that I'd fitted to it, they said they couldn't afford it, which after commuting on the thing today I'm glad about, the Vantage is staying in the 'bike cave', so is the Kenetic, so I'm back to having 14 bikes (well when the Benotto arrives), but will always be looking for that 'special something', what's one more bike, eh! :lol:

Dan

Postby Dan » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:46 pm

I hope the ra(d)turday jerseys arrive. I got my Rego kit the other day too, btw.

munga

Re: Retro Rivercity Raturdays :D

Postby munga » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:50 pm

Retro Rivercity Raturdays

sounds orright to me 8)

Wazza

Postby Wazza » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:23 pm

I'll be sticking to the River loop this week. I need to be up the Sunny coast by 10am. See you at 6 Munga

Waz
Wazza

munga

Postby munga » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:06 pm

geez wazza, just ride really fast ;p

vaeske

Postby vaeske » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:01 pm

all is good, i'll do riverloop with you too wazza. Munga and I will tackle cootha afterwards so feel free to join.
dan and ronk, i'll ride with you boys to wynnum/manly next week! :)

Dan

Postby Dan » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:44 am

Riverloop it is. Coot-tha, Say What? Is it mental? Should I come?

munga

Postby munga » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:58 am

it's not mental. you have compact chanrings. you shouldn't not come! :lol:

Dan

Postby Dan » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:28 am

I'm starting to think I prefer chainrings ordinaire - but yes, what's the plan, directly after rad retro riverloop?

munga

Postby munga » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:48 am

yep, drop wazza off so he can lay on the beach, and go smash the big hill.

new thread:
http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewt ... 38#p858038" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dan

Postby Dan » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:27 pm

so what do we do with this thread now? Kick it while its down and go and crap on v.2? Or leave it hobbling along behind?
Any jersey news yet Munga?