Retro Riverloop Raturdays :D

munga

Re: Retro Riverloop Raturdays :D

Postby munga » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:09 pm

Wal42 wrote:Because I have one.

Hey Ben, trying to get in touch with you, sent you a text message, have a look at you mobile occasionally.
speaking of which, sms me with your name/nick/userid, as i have a loaner phone and no numbers..
zero four three two eight three seven one zero four

Wazza

Postby Wazza » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:38 pm

munga wrote: speaking of which, sms me with your name/nick/userid, as i have a loaner phone and no numbers..
zero four three two eight three seven one zero four
How come you didn't put your old sim into the loaner phone?
Wazza

munga

Postby munga » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:51 pm

i did, but clever me copied the numbers to the memory instead of the sim, and then formatted the phone. about seven nanoseconds after i hit "YES" i knew the error of my ways..

Dan

Postby Dan » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:48 am

They're just phone numbers. In any case, the loaner might work properly, allowing you to use said numbers to your heart's content. ;)

Wal42

Postby Wal42 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:47 pm

Ok ya bums, I had a nice day at the beach today (we went & played golf but I spent so much time in the sand I should have taken a bucket, shovel & a boogie board), guess our beloved leader is out for Sat, so I may step up. Hopefully I'll have something very green & purple with a Spanish accent ready for Saturday otherwise I may ride the Nutri-Grain special, but I'm probably gunna be there.

I started a team for the MS Brissie to Bay, it's called Retro Riders (how original is that?), if you enter the 100km ride before this Friday it only costs $49. Get off ya butts ya lazy bunch of slackers & join me.

Ah, what else???? Yeah that's right, who's riding the Prince Charles charity ride, I sort of entered for Caboulture to Chermside but I ain't gunna let little details stop me, so I'll be riding from Landsborough (I won't grab anything from the feed station anyway & I do buy raffle tickets & stuff from the RPCH charity anyway), who else is up, who's entered & where ya riding from (if you're joining from Cab. or Reddy we'll have to organise a spot to pick you up at.

That's all, carry on as you were, at ease!

Wazza

Postby Wazza » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:34 pm

Wal42 wrote:Ok ya bums, I had a nice day at the beach today (we went & played golf but I spent so much time in the sand I should have taken a bucket, shovel & a boogie board), guess our beloved leader is out for Sat, so I may step up. Hopefully I'll have something very green & purple with a Spanish accent ready for Saturday otherwise I may ride the Nutri-Grain special, but I'm probably gunna be there.
Beuno!!
Wal42 wrote: I started a team for the MS Brissie to Bay, it's called Retro Riders (how original is that?), if you enter the 100km ride before this Friday it only costs $49. Get off ya butts ya lazy bunch of slackers & join me.
What's the date?
Wal42 wrote: Ah, what else???? Yeah that's right, who's riding the Prince Charles charity ride, I sort of entered for Caboulture to Chermside but I ain't gunna let little details stop me, so I'll be riding from Landsborough (I won't grab anything from the feed station anyway & I do buy raffle tickets & stuff from the RPCH charity anyway), who else is up, who's entered & where ya riding from (if you're joining from Cab. or Reddy we'll have to organise a spot to pick you up at.!
Vaeske and myself are down for the 100k. Yifan will get the train from town while I will be catching it at Caboolture for the trip north. I'm unsure of the homeward leg from Chermside however it could end up a 140-150k day
Wal42 wrote:Thats all, carry on as you were, at ease!
Sir, Yes Sir!!!!
Wazza

Wal42

Postby Wal42 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:50 pm

Wazza wrote:
What's the date?

Vaeske and myself are down for the 100k. Yifan will get the train from town while I will be catching it at Caboolture for the trip north. I'm unsure of the homeward leg from Chermside however it could end up a 140-150k day
The date for the Brissie to Bay is 23 June 2013.

I am also going to catch the train from Roma St., I'll ride home from the park afterwards (but for me it's only a few kms), do you want me to race home grab the car & run you home, or you can ride back to my place, we'll load your bike up & drop you home, let me know.

vaeske

Postby vaeske » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:29 pm

Wazza is indeed correct. ashgrove to roma street, train to Landsborough and ride 100 to Chermside. Wal you wanna swing past mine and we'll ride down to roma st at like 4am?? LOL

and also i'm really keen for the ms brissy to bay ride as well. How does one get into your team wal?

Wazza

Postby Wazza » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:23 am

Change of plans for me, I'll drive to Carseldine and get the train from there, it makes it easier for the homeward leg. Neice's wedding the day before so it will be an interesting ride for this old bloke :oops: :oops:

I'm up for the bay ride as well. I'll check today and enter.
Wazza

Wal42

Postby Wal42 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:45 am

When you enter the BtoB you can join a team (any team for that matter), I've not done the team thing before, I think they just do it for the fundraising side of stuff so that companies etc. can do it. It didn't ask that I approve people wanting to join, it just asked if I wanted to be notified. So just find 'Retro Riders' or 'Retro Riders on BNA forum' & that's the team, I guess it's open to anyone in general but probably only the people on BNA will know about it.

I was gunna sook it & get the missus to drop me into Roma St for the train.

Dan

Postby Dan » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:12 am

I think I have playgroup on the Landsborough Sunday o_O

I'll check though.

elantra

Postby elantra » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:49 am

Dan wrote:I think I have playgroup on the Landsborough Sunday o_O
I'll check though.
There's a man with his life's priorities in order. The lot of a family man is never easy.

Wazza

Postby Wazza » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:56 am

Wal,
I'm going to pass on the BtoB. I fund raise for my charity CCIA, and MS is asking for additional fund raising and I won't hit my supporters twice.

Waz
Wazza

Wal42

Postby Wal42 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:10 pm

Yeah, understand totally Wazza, I won't be super active in raising funds for the BtoB for reasons I think you all know, I've never heard anything back about the CCIA, so it pretty much looks like I'll be a no starter for that one. Unless they contact me in the next week or so, I won't be able to arrange the time off from work. Shame because I really wanted to go.

Fairly confident that I'll be riding Spanish on Sat morning, needs a tune, fit some new cables & outers, plus tune, so should be good to go hopefully Friday lunch, nip out for a quick shakedown ride then.

Wazza

Postby Wazza » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:07 pm

Wal42 wrote: Fairly confident that I'll be riding Spanish on Sat morning, needs a tune, fit some new cables & outers, plus tune, so should be good to go hopefully Friday lunch, nip out for a quick shakedown ride then.
Italian Stallion for me :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Wazza

Shpox

Postby Shpox » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:55 pm

So is this Saturday a non-river loop classic? :?:

Dan

Postby Dan » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:00 pm

I'd say its an average everyday regular riverloop this week. I'll even ride a bike with DT shifting.

Wal42

Postby Wal42 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:14 pm

I may slip out & ride the loop tomorrow to check conditions, but the plan is the standard Raturday Riverloop, depart at 6am from Browning Street West End.

Dan riding a bike with d/t shifters, hey Danny boy, you want me to come over & give you some lessons on how to ride a bike with proper shifting. PMSL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can just call me Alberto on Saturday (hopefully).

Dan

Postby Dan » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:25 pm

I'll just hang out at the back and click away ;)

Dan

Postby Dan » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:26 pm

Wal42

Postby Wal42 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:41 pm

I'll probably be up the back with ya Dan, Alberto's only got 12 gears & friction shift, luckily I've fitted Superbe to it so it'll be like a well worn pair of jeans.

Dan

Postby Dan » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:06 am

Wal42 wrote:...Danny boy, you want me to come over & give you some lessons on how to ride a bike with proper shifting...
Don't stand up :)

Dan

Postby Dan » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:07 am

Wazza wrote:Wal,
I'm going to pass on the BtoB. I fund raise for my charity CCIA, and MS is asking for additional fund raising and I won't hit my supporters twice.

Waz
Me too, sorry..... Same reasoning.

Wal42

Postby Wal42 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:21 am

Don't worry about raising any extra, if that is the major reason. Over the years I've raised an awfully large amount for MS, I'm pretty sure you guys know why I won't be going down that path again, just pay the $49(if you enter before tomorrow) & ride it, if you don't pay by tomorrow it goes up to $70.

vaeske

Postby vaeske » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:25 am

Wal42 wrote:Don't worry about raising any extra, if that is the major reason. Over the years I've raised an awfully large amount for MS, I'm pretty sure you guys know why I won't be going down that path again, just pay the $49(if you enter before tomorrow) & ride it, if you don't pay by tomorrow it goes up to $70.
i just joined your awesome team!