Retro Riverloop Raturdays :D

Re: Retro Riverloop Raturdays :D

Postby Wal42 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:05 pm

munga wrote:Forget the rules! Ride what you want, wear what you want!

Bonus points for frames made of steel, and retro riders jerseys


Cool, hopefully my new 1700hp, quad turbo, supercharged W16, McLaren Minge will be here, I'll be wearing a genuine Ayrton Senna F1 race suit (complete with skid marks). Lot's of kevlar, carbon fibre & titanium, think maybe the bonnet lock tumblers are steel.

Is that sufficient?


Scores for Raturday-----

Steel frame (D/T shift lugged)= +10 points
Retro frame (other than steel) or D/T shift lugged= +5 points
Post Modern frame (1990-2000 not D/T shift lugged)= +3 points
Modern frame (2000-to current)= -5 points
Retro Riders jersey= +15 points
Other retro jersey= +5 points
Modern jersey= -5 points
Downtube shift= +10 points
Stem shift= +5 points (well they do sort of really suck because they were so bad, & Wal could sell you a set of band on Suntour D/T shifters really cheap, so no excuse for running them really)
Those shifters in the brake levers= -5 points (who cares what they call the damn things, but I think it's S#1T or is that STI, who cares? They're rubbish anyway)
Hub shifting= +20 points (no I don't have one but they are tre`cool)
Silly horns= +5 points
Retro bells= +5 points

Judges scores shall be final (though bribes will be seriously considered), a large prize shall be awarded to the person gaining the highest score (large cup of coffee), a prize for the person gaining the lowest score (they get to buy said large cup of coffee for the winner).

Competition shall be entered into with the usual Retro Riverloop Raturday seriousness.





Any semblance of seriousness is entirely unintentional.
Wal42
 
Posts: 736
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:09 pm

by BNA » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:33 pm

BNA
 

Re: Retro Riverloop Raturdays :D

Postby pentlandexile » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:33 pm

Ordered the wheels for the Raleigh today. Yay.
Long day's journey into alt-bars
User avatar
pentlandexile
 
Posts: 467
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:48 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: Retro Riverloop Raturdays :D

Postby munga » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:25 pm

me too!


not really :lol: just wanted everyone else to wish they were part of the raleigh club.
pitty43 wrote:Thanks all for your help. Better change my Gumtree add now.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/retroclassiccycling/
User avatar
munga
 
Posts: 6699
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:17 pm
Location: wowe

Re: Retro Riverloop Raturdays :D

Postby Dan » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:26 pm

pentlandexile wrote:Ordered the wheels for the Raleigh today. Yay.


Sah weet as the Rastas say.
User avatar
Dan
 
Posts: 3289
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:32 pm
Location: Vegas, baby

Re: Retro Riverloop Raturdays :D

Postby elantra » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:43 am

Wal42 wrote: Scores for Raturday-----

Steel frame (D/T shift lugged)= +10 points
Retro frame (other than steel) or D/T shift lugged= +5 points
Post Modern frame (1990-2000 not D/T shift lugged)= +3 points
Modern frame (2000-to current)= -5 points
Retro Riders jersey= +15 points
Other retro jersey= +5 points
Modern jersey= -5 points
Downtube shift= +10 points
Stem shift= +5 points (well they do sort of really suck because they were so bad, & Wal could sell you a set of band on Suntour D/T shifters really cheap, so no excuse for running them really)
Those shifters in the brake levers= -5 points (who cares what they call the damn things, but I think it's S#1T or is that STI, who cares? They're rubbish anyway)
Hub shifting= +20 points (no I don't have one but they are tre`cool)
Silly horns= +5 points
Retro bells= +5 points

Judges scores shall be final (though bribes will be seriously considered), a large prize shall be awarded to the person gaining the highest score (large cup of coffee), a prize for the person gaining the lowest score (they get to buy said large cup of coffee for the winner).

Competition shall be entered into with the usual Retro Riverloop Raturday seriousness.
Any semblance of seriousness is entirely unintentional.

You forgot to specify the number of points lost or gained for Di2 or EPS shiftings ?
"Technology gives us much more information but Education is never be able to give us the skill to evaluate it"
User avatar
elantra
 
Posts: 1841
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:01 am
Location: Trying to avoid the Brisbane traffic.

Re: Retro Riverloop Raturdays :D

Postby Wal42 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:20 am

elantra wrote:You forgot to specify the number of points lost or gained for Di2 or EPS shiftings ?



Sorry, I did too, not really sure what a Di2 or an EPS is but I'm guessing Di2 is from some Japanese component supplier & EPS is probably modern Chinese (did you think they'd make the stuff in Italian still?) so here goes-

Di2= -500 000 points

EPS= -200 points (& lots of sympathy for wasting so much money on an unreliable chinese shifting system)



Hey Dan, I'll text ya shortly, just gotta drop the wifey at the station then I'm thinking of a Retro Riverloop Riday if you haven't gone already.
Wal42
 
Posts: 736
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: Retro Riverloop Raturdays :D

Postby Dimma » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:28 pm

So I guess someone in the -500,015 ballpark isn't so welcome?
Image
Dimma
 
Posts: 687
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:35 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: Retro Riverloop Raturdays :D

Postby vaeske » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:32 pm

more than welcome. more the merrier...you just have to buy the winner a cuppa. :) Ps. I think its my round anyways...
User avatar
vaeske
 
Posts: 974
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 9:22 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: Retro Riverloop Raturdays :D

Postby munga » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:08 pm

Dimma wrote:So I guess someone in the -500,015 ballpark isn't so welcome?


you can come along if we can tell everyone your name's marty mcfly.
pitty43 wrote:Thanks all for your help. Better change my Gumtree add now.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/retroclassiccycling/
User avatar
munga
 
Posts: 6699
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:17 pm
Location: wowe

Re: Retro Riverloop Raturdays :D

Postby koen » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:13 pm

Well I am finally able to get to a retro riverloop. What time will you guys leave tommorow and from where again.
If I get excited I might even ride the drug soaked 87TDF wheels I got from a friend. (he was always telling me they were all still on it but I didn't want to believe him)
User avatar
koen
 
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: Retro Riverloop Raturdays :D

Postby Dan » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:15 pm

Dimma wrote:So I guess someone in the -500,015 ballpark isn't so welcome?


Dimma you're more than welcome as long as you don't make any of us the butt of another "someoneorother is gonna get dropped on the Riverloop" ride ;)

Plus, if you wrap your helmet in alfoil that will at least get you a 'something made of metal' point !
User avatar
Dan
 
Posts: 3289
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:32 pm
Location: Vegas, baby

Re: Retro Riverloop Raturdays :D

Postby Dan » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:16 pm

koen wrote:Well I am finally able to get to a retro riverloop. What time will you guys leave tommorow and from where again.
If I get excited I might even ride the drug soaked 87TDF wheels I got from a friend. (he was always telling me they were all still on it but I didn't want to believe him)


6am from the melbourne, browning st, west end. Bonus points for ice baths and back of van IV rigs.
User avatar
Dan
 
Posts: 3289
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:32 pm
Location: Vegas, baby

Re: Retro Riverloop Raturdays :D

Postby Dan » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:24 pm

Ok - this is what I'm bringing tomorrow -

Tamari.

Bars, tape, skewer and levers for wazza
Brake caliper bonanza for Munga
Seatpost binder bolt for pentlandexile

Miss anything? Vaeske, do you want a bit of that roo hide or do you want to come for tutorial/beer session another time?
User avatar
Dan
 
Posts: 3289
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:32 pm
Location: Vegas, baby

Re: Retro Riverloop Raturdays :D

Postby ldrcycles » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:30 pm

Could there be points distinction for different makes? My first thought was a couple of points for Shimano, a few more for Campagnolo, a few more for something different like Mavic, Zeus, Galli, Ofmega, and maximum points for SunTour because everyone knows that's the best :D . (incidentally i still haven't got my Mercer fixed :oops: ).
When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments- Elizabeth West.
User avatar
ldrcycles
 
Posts: 6795
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:19 pm
Location: Kin Kin, Queensland

Re: Retro Riverloop Raturdays :D

Postby munga » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:33 pm

stick your points up your clenbuterol cows, i'm riding whatever i like wearing whatever i like.

can't put me in a box, man!
pitty43 wrote:Thanks all for your help. Better change my Gumtree add now.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/retroclassiccycling/
User avatar
munga
 
Posts: 6699
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:17 pm
Location: wowe

Re: Retro Riverloop Raturdays :D

Postby ldrcycles » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:44 pm

munga wrote: wearing whatever i like.


Why is it the first thing i thought (with a shudder of horror) was 'mankini'? :D
When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments- Elizabeth West.
User avatar
ldrcycles
 
Posts: 6795
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:19 pm
Location: Kin Kin, Queensland

Re: Retro Riverloop Raturdays :D

Postby Dan » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:17 pm

Lineup for tomorrow seems to be:

Munga
Dan
Vaeske
Wazza
Wal
elantra
landscapecadmonkey
koen
redrover?

huge....
User avatar
Dan
 
Posts: 3289
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:32 pm
Location: Vegas, baby

Re: Retro Riverloop Raturdays :D

Postby munga » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:19 pm

Dan wrote:Lineup for tomorrow seems to be:

Munga
Dan
Vaeske
Wazza
Wal
elantra
landscapecadmonkey
koen
redrover?

huge....


gypsy just called; said he might bring his viner
pitty43 wrote:Thanks all for your help. Better change my Gumtree add now.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/retroclassiccycling/
User avatar
munga
 
Posts: 6699
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:17 pm
Location: wowe

Re: Retro Riverloop Raturdays :D

Postby Wal42 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:31 pm

Dimma wrote:So I guess someone in the -500,015 ballpark isn't so welcome?



Yeah mate you welcome, we need somebody to buy the coffee. :lol:

Oh did we mention that Loop virgins have to do a nude swim across the river at the Uni? Oh well, we'll tell ya about that one when we get there. :wink:

ldrcycles wrote:Could there be points distinction for different makes? My first thought was a couple of points for Shimano, a few more for Campagnolo, a few more for something different like Mavic, Zeus, Galli, Ofmega, and maximum points for SunTour because everyone knows that's the best :D . (incidentally i still haven't got my Mercer fixed :oops: ).


Ok revised points III-

Campagnolo= -5 points

Shimano= -10 points

Mavic= +5 points

Zeus= +10 points

Diacompe= +10 points

Sachs= +15 points

Sturmey Archer=+20 points

Regina=+20 points

Elan=+20 points

Huret=+20 points

Suntour=+100 points (yep they are the best of the best)



munga wrote:stick your points up your clenbuterol cows, i'm riding whatever i like wearing whatever i like.

can't put me in a box, man!



You're so in the the box, it's taped up & on the way to the post office. :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Hang about, you were the one that started this whole jersey/bike thing, now you're bailing on it :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

ldrcycles wrote:
Why is it the first thing i thought (with a shudder of horror) was 'mankini'? :D



OMFG- what a sight, a bunch of very ugly guys in mankini's riding retro bikes on a Raturday Riverloop :shock: , would anybody even survive such a sight without permanent mental scaring :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:





AND................ Ok collective heads, I need a set of hood covers for my Superbe non-aero brake levers, anybody know which ones fit, I don't want to have to buy 55 million sets trying to work out which ones will fit. I've not seen a listing for Superbe non-aero ones anywhere. Guessing either one of the shimano or campy ones will fit with some snipping.
Wal42
 
Posts: 736
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: Retro Riverloop Raturdays :D

Postby Dan » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:48 pm

Wal42 wrote:AND................ Ok collective heads, I need a set of hood covers for my Superbe non-aero brake levers, anybody know which ones fit, I don't want to have to buy 55 million sets trying to work out which ones will fit. I've not seen a listing for Superbe non-aero ones anywhere. Guessing either one of the shimano or campy ones will fit with some snipping.


Munga, do you think those ones I picked up for you would do the trick?
User avatar
Dan
 
Posts: 3289
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:32 pm
Location: Vegas, baby

Re: Retro Riverloop Raturdays :D

Postby munga » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:06 pm

nope. wal wants non-aero
pitty43 wrote:Thanks all for your help. Better change my Gumtree add now.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/retroclassiccycling/
User avatar
munga
 
Posts: 6699
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:17 pm
Location: wowe

Re: Retro Riverloop Raturdays :D

Postby ldrcycles » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:02 pm

Would Dia-Compe do the trick? I've heard they fit just about everything.
When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments- Elizabeth West.
User avatar
ldrcycles
 
Posts: 6795
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:19 pm
Location: Kin Kin, Queensland

Re: Retro Riverloop Raturdays :D

Postby Dan » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:01 am

munga wrote:nope. wal wants non-aero


There was a non aero version there as well.
User avatar
Dan
 
Posts: 3289
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:32 pm
Location: Vegas, baby

Re: Retro Riverloop Raturdays :D

Postby munga » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:41 am

i'll bring a pair along for inspection
pitty43 wrote:Thanks all for your help. Better change my Gumtree add now.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/retroclassiccycling/
User avatar
munga
 
Posts: 6699
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:17 pm
Location: wowe

Re: Retro Riverloop Raturdays :D

Postby Wal42 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:57 am

I'll pop the levers off & bring them with me, these are for the Superlite build, which will now be all Suntour.

Anybody is looking for Campy gear, I've virtually got a whole gruppo here that I won't be using.

Everything is ordered or here for the Ben (hopefully this last set of brake levers are in good nick) so waiting on bars, brake lever & calipers, then maybe after our holidays in Feb. it goes off to the painters, then assembly.

The Verty is going 9 speed Shim D/T Dura Ace, the running gear off the Verty is going onto the Vantage & I'm binning the Shim SIS off the Vantage (anyone want a SIS 6 speed D/T indexed shifting set give me a yell & you can have it when I strip it off the Vantage).
Wal42
 
Posts: 736
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:09 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Queensland

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users



Popular Bike Shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ebay Ebay AU

“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter

> FREE BNA Stickers
> BNA Cycling Kit