Mt Gravatt Hill Climb this morning

clydesmcdale

Re: Mt Gravatt Hill Climb this morning

Postby clydesmcdale » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:57 pm

There was a road works sign and witches hats blocking the left lane just after the road that vears off to the left well before the yellow gate. Didn't see if that was open or not as i didn't venture very far up there for a look.

I'll be looking to do a couple in the morning on the commute if it's open... about 7.15

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:24 pm

A mate did a lap up there this morning, really early so something may have happened after he left...might still go up and see, I can always do a ride into town and out again if the G is out of action.
Lisa

Angus

Postby Angus » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:54 am

I went up there on Saturday, in all the rain (it was fine when I left Manly, but 3/4 of my ride was in pouring rain!). I wouldn't be surprised if a tree came down across the road, so they've closed it off until it is cleared. There were a couple that had already been cut up and moved aside on Saturday. There was so much water coming down the hills that it wouldn't take much wind for a tree to come down.

clydesmcdale

Postby clydesmcdale » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:59 am

Been up and down a few times since my last post. No idea what they were up to in order to have closed the road last week.

Road conditions are fine, just have to watch out for the water over the road on the last couple of turns

DTdotcom

Postby DTdotcom » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:48 pm

Usually just trees down, each time it's been passable by bike but not car, hence they don't open the gate the morning of.
They're really good and usually have them cleared later in the morning.