Mt Cootha - Legacy Way Carpark Changes

Mt Cootha - Legacy Way Carpark Changes

Postby RobM » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:56 am

FYI

A carpark is proposed (and now approved) on the Sir Samuel Griffith Drive section on the front side. This is where Sir Samuel Griffith Drive is parallel to Scenic Drive.
They are putting in carparks for the Legacy Way workers. This section of road will be closed to thru traffic and cyclists for 2 years.

Note: The other parallel route of Scenic Drive will remain untouched.

See Project Application 7 section:
http://www.dsdip.qld.gov.au/assessments-and-approvals/legacy-way-project-formerly-called-northern-link-road-tunnel.html
RobM

by BNA » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:01 am

BNA

Re: Mt Cootha - Legacy Way Carpark Changes

Postby RobM » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:01 am

Personally, it wont affect my riding there. As I usually decend the front way on Scenic Drive to the stop sign and turn around for repeats or go back around the back loop.
But those that use the other road to do repeat loops (and avoid the stop sign) will have to slightly alter their routine.

At least there will be a safe alternative still available, just be careful pulling up in time for the stop sign. They are also required to work with BQ during events such as the BDO Mt Cootha Challenge to ensure safety is maintained.

And with my rose colored lenses on, this might be a way to increase awarness to those tunnel workers about cyclists on the mountain - as they will need to give way when entering/exiting the carpark. On your best behaviour everyone :wink:

Think positive people! :mrgreen:
RobM

Return to Queensland