B2 GC lots of questions

RonK

Re: B2 GC lots of questions

Postby RonK » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:53 pm

fionahills wrote:I absolutely loved it - and want another big goal - NOW.....
Good work - and your next goal is Cycle Queensland.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:37 pm

fionahills wrote:what's next people - come on I love this cycling stuff... xx
How are your legs feeling?? :P There's some.... gentle slopes :twisted: in the Tour De Tamborine at the start of December with 26/76km routes - http://www.tourdetamborine.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. If its too far away there is the Gold Coast Festival of Cycling in mid November - http://www.gcfoc.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. If your addicted this Sunday there is another cycling event on at Caboolture - A charity ride called Ride4MD (Muscular Dystrophy). The 50km route was scrapped today but the 100km route is still looking good. Entry is $100 but you get a jersey, tshirt, water bottle and some other stuff - http://www.ride4md.org.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

fionahills

Postby fionahills » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:33 pm

Legs are great thanks - much better than expected - actually I feel terrific - so maybe I should have tried harder yesterday - no, think it was more important to finish - can you imagine me whinging if I did not make it!!!!
We went out on the bikes for a quick coffee ride this morning, bum a little sore but legs good and afterwards pulled up well.

thanks for entry tips - we are going in the ride4MD, shame about the 50 but the organisers have done such a lot of work and hardly any entries so said I would do it with maybe a couple of the girls -

the piccolo fondo is a definite - it will be a challenge but a good one. The tour of tamborine is in the maybe basket - long way for the 26km and not sure I can climb for 76kms.
the PF course sounds OK and I emailed them and explained how new to bikes etc, etc - they are happy to take newbies....

cycling QLD 2013 will probably be on when we plan to be in Europe - so might miss that - thanks so much again for all your help

brett.hooker

Postby brett.hooker » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:03 pm

A huge kudos to you and your family Fiona!!! I for one will absolutely vouch that it's not about the time, but about the attitude! You got out of bed, drove down and then completed at 100km ride; before many people even got out of bed on a Sunday.

And to plough through the adversity of four flats speaks volumes of you as a person and Mum! You have my utmost respect and admiration...
Loving my Merida's and working towards adding a Pinarello to the stable... Go go go...

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:23 pm

brett.hooker wrote:A huge kudos to you and your family Fiona!!! I for one will absolutely vouch that it's not about the time, but about the attitude! You got out of bed, drove down and then completed at 100km ride; before many people even got out of bed on a Sunday.

And to plough through the adversity of four flats speaks volumes of you as a person and Mum! You have my utmost respect and admiration...
+1

I think that I would have had a hissy fit if I'd had 4 flats, good on you for getting to the finish line.

I know that I get a real feeling of achievement when I complete these events! Everyone had their own goals for these rides...some to raise funds for charity others to do a PB, some just to soak up all the atmosphere that is created by these events...

If you want a bit more of a challenge there is the Ipswich 100 in April and then the Noosa ride in May, I think....
Keep riding and you might be ready for the 160 at Noosa :shock:
Lisa

fionahills

Postby fionahills » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:29 pm

You guys are great - my only previous sport was in dressage (horses) and while your close friends were always supportive the bigger community was more inclined to discourage newcomers with tales of how hard it all was and how it was ONLY for the initiated - you were either part of the 'in' group or out - and I was probably guilty as much as anyone.
The difference in cycling is amazing- you are all so welcoming and encouraging- everybody so supportive and helpful - thanks so much - your comments are really lovely -
BUT I am human and the flats really got up my nose and poor Victoria was fuming - we nearly gave it away - but how could I have faced you all.....

all that effort to help me out and then I go and ditch it. :oops:

Got to keep the faith... thanks so much.