Unfinished bike paths in Brissy

chisel

Re: Unfinished bike paths in Brissy

Postby chisel » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:34 pm

Yep a good ride. Perhaps a touch bumpier than hoped for but so much better than the other path that we've had to put up with.

Ignoto

Postby Ignoto » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:35 pm

How easy is it to navigate to and from the Veloway if I was coming from the City and heading to Mount Gravatt? Thinking about heading down there tomorrow but don't want to get too lost before work!

dclnmurray

Postby dclnmurray » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:46 pm

Ignoto wrote:How easy is it to navigate to and from the Veloway if I was coming from the City and heading to Mount Gravatt? Thinking about heading down there tomorrow but don't want to get too lost before work!
Here is the track. http://ridewithgps.com/routes/2749136" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You can see the veloway track labelled.

Dave

clydesmcdale

Postby clydesmcdale » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:55 pm

Ignoto wrote:How easy is it to navigate to and from the Veloway if I was coming from the City and heading to Mount Gravatt? Thinking about heading down there tomorrow but don't want to get too lost before work!
I rode it tonight on the way to Mount Gravatt. I turned left once I got to Birdwood road which leads you to Logan Road. Then take it south to Mount Gravatt.

Or you can turn right at Birdwood and cross Marshall to get onto the southern section of the veloway to Klumpp road and then further on to Upper Mount Gravatt.

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:10 pm

Yay, rode this today! Got the QOM for the northbound section...southbound is showing up everyone who used the busway on the B2GC ride, bugger :evil:

Thoughts, a little narrow as the path goes under Esher St and at the end turning on to the bikepath caution is required as you can't see the entire path on the right-hand side until you are on top of the intersection.
Out-bound, in typical BCC fashion the button to activate the signals to cross Birdwood is on the right hand side of the path :roll: why do they always do that???

Also major thumbs up for the new divided path under Ridge Street...and for the smoothed out path on the southbound section! Kudos BCC 8)
Last edited by marinmomma on Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lisa

clydesmcdale

Postby clydesmcdale » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:37 pm

marinmomma wrote:
Also major thumbs up for the new divided path under Ridge Street... Kudos BCC 8)
Agreed, they got that section done very quickly. Works well

RobM

Postby RobM » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:57 pm

So now its finished....should we change the thread title? :P

http://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/traffic- ... /index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Theres a couple more projects happening on southside - Bulimba Creek bikeway, Greenslopes connections and Ekibin Road. The also are upgrading the lighting on the Ekibin Bikeway now.