Bris - Urgent commute question!

Bris - Urgent commute question!

Postby MDL » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:15 pm

Hey guys - anyone have any advise on the best route to ride from the crn of wembley rd and browns plains rd to

460 - 492 Beaudesert Road? Who i'm leaving with said it would take about 1 hour to drive in peak hour. It's only 20k's and i was going to drive it.

Just in brissie for 2 days training. Is Beaudesert Road right to ride on?

Thanks
MDL
MDL

by BNA » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:58 am

BNA

Re: Bris - Urgent commute question!

Postby Wazza » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:58 am

Sorry, can't help entirely, however I know that from Algester Rd through to Salisbury used to be bedlam. Particularly at Granard Rd and Boundary rd intersections, lots of heavy vehicles. Good Luck
Waz
Wazza
Wazza

Postby elantra » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:19 am

MDL wrote: Is Beaudesert Road right to ride on?
Thanks
MDL

No. give it a miss. Logan Rd might be better, but even so probably hairy. :(
"Technology gives us much more information but Education is never be able to give us the skill to evaluate it"
elantra

Postby DavidI » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:01 am

Depends on your personal value for "right to ride on."
I've ridden Beaudesert Rd plenty of times, most of it (from Browns Plains to Archerfield) is wide and smooth, on week days there's a fair amount of traffic but the verge is wide, you can keep up a good pace too.
The only nasty stretch is between Boundary and Granard Rds northbound where there is effectively no hard shoulder - in peak hour you're mixed up with the trucks, but on the plus side they're not going any faster that you.
Also, once across Granard Rd you have a choice of the overpass or crossing the train tracks. In peak hour I prefer the latter as the shoulder of the overpass is not wide and is usually strewn with rubbish/gravel etc.
Alternatively, take Wembley Rd to Logan Central, turn onto Railway Parade and follow (it turns into Acacia Rd) that to Compton Rd, go left, then go right on either Persse Rd or Gowan Rd through to Beenleigh Rd, turn left and follow that through. Not sure of road conditions on these as it's been a while since I drove that way, let alone rode, also Logan Central has the greatest concentration of bogans in south east Qld so ride defensively!
DavidI

Return to Queensland