Noosa Strade Bianche

duds2u

Re: Noosa Strade Bianche

Postby duds2u » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:58 pm

ldrcycles wrote:
All 3 of us were on 27" tyres, so no punctures to report OF COURSE :mrgreen: , unlike the silly sod who rode tubulars, got 7 flats and then had to retire because he had no more tyres. You would think people would know by now that tubulars are just plain wrong for this ride.
I resemble that remark but it was't tubulars. I was riding on your Famous Maxxis Rrefuses and had 4 pinch flats, 2 blow outs (because the bloody tyres weren't seating properly) and one just went bang for no apparent reason. Scared hell out of Spinner who was beside me at the time. Scared him so much in fact that he rode off and picked up a whole bunch of other poor sods and dragged them home leaving me to hitch a ride in the sag wagon.
My back wheel did complete the ride though as I loaned it to another rider who had run out of tubulars.

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:06 pm

Singlespeedscott

Yours truly at the bottom of Andersons Rd

The already legendary Lemon Ladies

My brother in his usual position for anything except a climb

"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

HiChris

Postby HiChris » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:00 pm

What a great weekend it was, weather held out. Good bunch of cyclists and made a few friends along the way.

Luckily I had no punctures on the 25c Rubino Pro's and the hastily assembled but not restored old Berretto survived without any breakdowns apart from some random shifting at the little end of the cassette.

The lemon ladies were awesome and put on a great spread, they need to attend every cycling event. I also picked up some goodies at the swap meet.

My recent lack of cycling and weight increase took it toll and when I hit the 40k decision mark I decided I'd take the shorter route home and do the Medio Fondo. I didn't want to end my weekend in the sag wagon.

Funny, I missed the turn off from Mckinnon Drive to Noosa, kept riding until I realised that I was probably off track and rode home via Sunrise Road and Eumundi Noosa Road. Ended up with 114+ kilometres for the day and an additional climb up the big hill on the Cooroy Noosa Rd. Should have just done the long ride.

All in all a great weekend, will be back next year fitter and lighter, my goal next year is to not walk any hills.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:14 pm

Bloody hell, SSS is a big hefier! (sorry mate) :shock: Ya brother is also one, Idry, what happened to you? :lol:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:18 pm

Just as a matter of interest, I will not be doing this ride, anytime in the future, with my old Detto shoes! I will do it with the more modern day pedals and shoes. :wink: I have made this decision after, riding on the weekend with my old shoes. :shock:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

singlespeedscott

Noosa Strade Bianche

Postby singlespeedscott » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:17 pm

foo on patrol wrote:Bloody hell, SSS is a big hefier! (sorry mate) :shock: Ya brother is also one, Idry, what happened to you? :lol:

Foo
She's certainly not the most flattering photo is it. :lol:

Believe it it not I was 77kg that morning but me thinks it's time for a diet. It will certainly make the hills a bit easier :P

duds2u

Postby duds2u » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:02 pm

Did anyone get a photo of one of the bikes with a back pedal brake smoking at the bottom of Andersons at the Lemon ladies

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:42 pm

singlespeedscott wrote:
foo on patrol wrote:Bloody hell, SSS is a big hefier! (sorry mate) :shock: Ya brother is also one, Idry, what happened to you? :lol:

Foo

Believe it it not I was 77kg that morning but me thinks it's time for a diet. It will certainly make the hills a bit easier :P
What? :shock: I'm well was 6' and my racing weight was 75kg. :)

We need to meet up one weekend for a coffee and BS session + a ride of couse but nothing to hard yet, for me. :idea:

Foo
Goal 6000km

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:51 pm

Must do.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:33 am

duds2u wrote:Did anyone get a photo of one of the bikes with a back pedal brake smoking at the bottom of Andersons at the Lemon ladies
Now that is something I wanna see! :shock:

Foo
Goal 6000km

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:55 am

foo on patrol wrote:Bloody hell, SSS is a big heifer! (sorry mate) :shock: Ya brother is also one, Idry, what happened to you? :lol:

Foo
I'm glad you said that, cos i feel like a fat lump atm with so little riding :) . My brother says he is "a sprinter" :lol: .
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:39 pm

Bring him down one weekend for the Sunday ride and we"ll see if he is, Idry. :lol:

Foo
Goal 6000km

Velo13

Postby Velo13 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:05 am

singlespeedscott wrote:

Foo

Didn't slow you down at all. From Cooran to Cooroy (about 115km ridden) after towing Matt and I at about 35km/hr for 15 minutes, I call out "Are you okay, Scott". To which you replied "No, it F*&kin' hurts!".

I call out (optimistically), "well slow down then!

You didn't!