Noosa Strade Bianche

Wakatuki

Re: Noosa Strade Bianche

Postby Wakatuki » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:11 am

dayne
1989 Raleigh Elan with 1990 shimano ex300 and.. BIOPACE 8) 60cm frame available to ride, just been TLC'd by Lachlan (ldrcycles)
I am off bikes for a while :(

It's only on 23's though. Check with ldrcycles it should take 25's.

dayne

Postby dayne » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:01 am

Thanks for the offer but I have just checked the dates an I will be in nz may be next year

spinner

Postby spinner » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:34 pm

dayne wrote:So I just noticed that this years event is pre 1990 and dot shifters only,
Bummer as it rules out a lot of my mates who have amazing bikes from the early 90's like eddy Merckx team ridden Motorolas with 7400 and other amazing c record equipped bikes or even those with modern groups on classic steel bikes.

Out of 8 of my bikes I only have one that qualifies and there no way I'm riding a 1914 bike 130km hahaha
We are considering a special 'RECALCITRANTS' category for these :wink:
...but I doubt I'd be riding any of THOSE bikes on some of the roads!

Seriously, no-one's going to have to go through scrutineering, to see whether they comply.

dayne

Postby dayne » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:30 pm

I'd ride my nice bikes on the gravel, and dad was hoping to may be take his Tommasini but I built that for him with dura ace 7800

spinner

Postby spinner » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:07 am

The new kit has landed & looking sensational. Most are sold but a few left.
order thru the site; and some should be available at the Show & Shine
http://www.noosa-stradebianche.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Last edited by spinner on Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Velo13

Postby Velo13 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:02 pm

Waether looks great. I can't wait.

Johnj

Postby Johnj » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:15 pm

Sent my entry form off, ticket booked, accommodation sorted. So we'll see you all there. Lindsay will be riding his PX10, I'll be there on the DMI (which I bought from Dayne).

munga

Postby munga » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:06 am

if anyone's looking for a last minute ride, i'm selling a bike:
http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewt ... 25&t=66809" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
byo heavy duty tyres, and you're set.

dayne

Postby dayne » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:24 am

Hi John wow that old girl will be perfect,
I stuffed up and actually fly out tomorrow for nz so I'm out but my father will be at the show and shine and may take some of my Tommasini's along say g'day has boutique cycle tours
If any one is on the fence about it just go , the weather is amazing and the guys involved are all great.
Here's a photo from yesterday as a teaser.

Mustang

Postby Mustang » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:44 am

spinner wrote:The new kit has landed & looking sensational. Most are sold but a few left.
order thru the site; and some should be available at the Show & Shine
http://www.noosa-stradebianche.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would love a set of these, but reluctant to order as I'm between a small in some brands & a medium in others, hopefully there will be some to try on sat.
Distance Goal 4000km
70 years young.

Mustang

Postby Mustang » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:45 am

To ride this distance in "toeclips" or not?????
any one else brave enough?
Distance Goal 4000km
70 years young.

Mustang

Postby Mustang » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:48 am

ldrcycles wrote:Oh and I forgot to mention, the General Store in Kin Kin which has been vacant for quite a few years was sold recently, everything but the façade demolished and it's now almost rebuilt as a general store and gourmet café. Fingers crossed it might just be open in time for the Strade Bianche.
Hi Laughlan
Last year when we stopped for coffee at (?) there was one poor kid trying to accommodate, might be an idea to let them know about the ride.
Distance Goal 4000km
70 years young.

spinner

Postby spinner » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:26 am

Brent, I've given the heads-up to both the Cooran General Store AND the Kin Kin pub :shock:

KGBGRAPHICS

Re: Noosa Strade Bianche Kits

Postby KGBGRAPHICS » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:41 pm

The kits look great. Come and see us at the Registration tent on Saturday if you want to check fit

Mustang

Re: Noosa Strade Bianche Kits

Postby Mustang » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:03 pm

KGBGRAPHICS wrote:The kits look great. Come and see us at the Registration tent on Saturday if you want to check fit
Great, will do.
Latest forecast is looking good !!!!
Distance Goal 4000km
70 years young.

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:22 pm

Mustang wrote:
ldrcycles wrote:Oh and I forgot to mention, the General Store in Kin Kin which has been vacant for quite a few years was sold recently, everything but the façade demolished and it's now almost rebuilt as a general store and gourmet café. Fingers crossed it might just be open in time for the Strade Bianche.
Hi Laughlan
Last year when we stopped for coffee at (?) there was one poor kid trying to accommodate, might be an idea to let them know about the ride.
Would have been Cooran that one. Unfortunately the Kin Kin General Store doesn't open until the 26th :( , but i'm sure the pub will do a good job as they did last year. Sadly the little tea shop that was just up from the pub has closed since last year's ride.

I got the BSA back from the powdercoaters today, lacing up the wheels now then tomorrow I just have to print out some temporary decals (the local signwriter is booked out atm) and build it up. Then build the wheels for the Viscount my brother will be riding, rebuild my Tarini and give the rest of the fleet a spruce up :D .
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

spinner

Postby spinner » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:06 pm

The weather here is fantastic & forecast to be good all over the coming weekend; perfect for riding that old bike...

In order to keep the event as simple and cheap as possible -free- this year it was intended that riders be pretty well self sufficient;
the ride was to be self supported in the 'heroic' tradition.

Some fantastic late news:

Lee Newton (previously of Bike-On) has volunteered to drive a 'sag' wagon for us.
Participants from past editions would remember how invaluable this was;
She carried water, some snacks, spares, and the invaluable track pump; plus she's a great girl!
The vehicle will probably be the same Toyota mini bus, towing a bike trailer for any breakdowns of bodies or bikes.

To offset the costs to Lee and Roger, her husband, we ask that all participants be prepared to donate
at least $5 at the start line. Cheap at twice the price.

Anyway, looking forward to having a great time with you all.
See you soon.

Andy

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:52 pm

Just to give everyone a good laugh, it appears I ordered the wrong length of spokes, so in order to get the wheels built up for tomorrow I have to cut and rethread all 144 of them tonight :shock: . Oops.

spinner

Postby spinner » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:03 pm

...and rebuild the wheels :shock: ... for the track morning??
that's cutting it fine!

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:34 pm

Well my bike is built up. Of sorts. Will take it for a shake down with the shop ride in the morning. The bloody brake pads squeal like banshees so I hope they are bedded in by Sunday.

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:22 am

spinner wrote:...and rebuild the wheels :shock: ... for the track morning??
that's cutting it fine!
The wheels....and the whole bike :) .

Times 3 :D .

I don't think i'm going to get any sleep before the track morning :D

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:12 pm

ldrcycles wrote:Just to give everyone a good laugh, it appears I ordered the wrong length of spokes, so in order to get the wheels built up for tomorrow I have to cut and rethread all 144 of them tonight :shock: . Oops.
You idiot! :lol:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:01 pm

What a fantastic day! I eventually fell asleep at 3:30 and got up again at 5 but still couldn't get the BSA ready in time, and wasn't able to get to the track morning. But the show was absolutely superb, beautiful weather and a big turnout. The highlight for me (and many others) wasn't the number of bikes, but the extraordinary variety, from a humble Holstar to some nice Colnagos, a lovely old Ganna with wood rims and a Margherita 3 speed derailleur, Noosa Bike Shop's new Johnson bikes and my favourite, Wal's stunning Benotto. Had a great time chatting away with people and meeting a few new faces from the forum. I can't wait for tomorrow morning, the ride will be brilliant.

I got a whole bunch of really nice photos but left the camera in my wife's car, so the only one so far is one of her I took with my phone :) .

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:37 pm

Absolutely great day.

Andy and Spinner thank you very much that was an absolute cracker. You guys also jagged another day of perfect weather for the event. I think August weather in SEQ is perfect. As long as the westerly winds stay away. 8)

The new long course is much better. Although I do miss that climb at the back of Pamona that we use to do. :(

A great collection of classic steel bikes was on display. I think there was around 70 riders. So a great turn out. It just gets bigger and bigger.

There was 5 punctures between me and my 2 mates today but we still managed to be the first to the Kin Kin pub and the first back to the Marina. I have to say I am absolutely smashed now. :D

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:24 pm

Smashed as in stuffed or smashed as in plastered? :lol:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km