Kid's riding groups Brisbane North

Kid's riding groups Brisbane North

Postby Paddles » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:01 pm

Is anyone aware of any organised rides on the northside of Brisbane for kids? I'm probably more interested in bike track style rides than going to the local velodrome and getting her racing. Does anyone even run anything like this?
Paddles

by BNA » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:25 pm

BNA

Re: Kid's riding groups Brisbane North

Postby RonK » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:25 pm

Paddles wrote:Is anyone aware of any organised rides on the northside of Brisbane for kids? I'm probably more interested in bike track style rides than going to the local velodrome and getting her racing. Does anyone even run anything like this?

I'm not quite sure what you are asking here - I'm not aware of sny rides soley on bike tracks.

However the Moreton Bay Club at North Lakes has quite a lot of youngsters - I regularly see them down at Sandgate. You can probably make contact through Dutton Cycles at North Lakes.

Otherwise, the Pine Rivers club runs regular races at the Nundah crit track, but I have no knowledge about the junior divisions. .
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...
RonK

Re: Kid's riding groups Brisbane North

Postby Paddles » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:54 am

Thanks Ron, that's sort of the info that I'm after, i might chase that up. I'm mainly interested in occasional organised recreational bike track riding groups not racing and I fully understand that kids/family rides will not go on the road with vehicles. None of my 7yo daughter's friends have parents that are very keen to ride so it makes it a little difficult to be responsible for more than my own kid on rides. Being a kid she enjoys riding a lot more when there's other kids riding with her and not just adults. I've been taking other kids and their parents riding (rides of 10-15km) for the last couple of years but to be honest when the parents aren't into it, it becomes a bit of a chore so that's why I'm seeing if there's any organised family riding groups out there.
Paddles

Return to Queensland