Bicyclists being fined at Brisbane CBD riverside walkway?

Re: Bicyclists being fined at Brisbane CBD riverside walkway

Postby GeoffInBrisbane » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:12 pm

Slvr32gtr wrote:There were reports of people copping fines for not having bells fitted near channel 10 on the back of Coottha this morning too.

Wow, what time was that? Was there this morning, saw no police.

Regarding the works on Coro bike path, even the cops clearly understand that 10kmh is a stupid arbitrary number - I was asked to slow down once when going faster than I should have been, but since then I've rolled through at 20-25 and they've never said a word. 10kmh is ridiculous, if everybody did that there'd be people wobbling all over the place...

Just Riding Along
GeoffInBrisbane

by BNA » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:26 pm

BNA

Postby Venus62 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:26 pm

What I'd love to see is police fining pedestrians walking on the designated bike lanes under Kangaroo Point Cliffs. It's beyond a joke and if it was cyclists on the pedestrian side there would be hell to pay. My daughter almost fell off her bike braking to avoid an oblivious group. Chances of this happening? Zero.
Venus62

Postby GeoffInBrisbane » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:11 pm

Yep you've got to be really careful through there. Was going along there last week, caught up to a couple on singlespeeds just before the bendy bit. Thought I'd wait until we got onto the straight before passing (visibility isn't too good round there), so I sat up and slowed down. Ahead of these two, there was a bloke stood on the edge of the path, talkng on his mobile phone, looking up at the cliffs. Just as the two cyclists are about to pass him, he decides "oh I want to be over there now" and spins on one foot straight into the path of the bikes. I yelled at him to look out, he barely noticed even as the cyclists in front of me were taking evasive action so as not to flatten him. :shock: The cyclists were not going fast, which was just as well, as he gave no warning at all...

Just Riding Along
GeoffInBrisbane

Postby Bah77 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:27 pm

I rode that way a couple of times, decided it wasn't worth it due to that, can't even use the road to the right because of the speed bumps.
Bah77

Previous

Return to Queensland