Race the Darling Downs Dasher steam train

Re: Race the Darling Downs Dasher steam train

Postby morini » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:10 pm

Lachlan.............you've killed it. Poor old thing was trying so hard to beat you and now look what's happened.
morini

by BNA » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:59 am

BNA

Postby ldrcycles » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:59 am

PMSL! The poor thing :) .
When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments- Elizabeth West.
ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:49 pm

This is the latest on the SDSR website-

SDSR wrote:SDSR's Steam Locomotive No. 971 is currently under going repairs from last years mechanical breakdown near Wallangarra.

Whilst these essential repairs are being undertaken, Queensland Rail Limited have kindly leased their C17 Locomotive No. 974 to SDSR for a short time.

This lease allows SDSR to continue to provide heritage steam train services, which in turn will help to raise the much needed funds to continue to repair 971.

I reckon it might be worth having a chat to them and seeing if they want to organise an official race as a fundraiser, i'd certainly be up for it :) .

In other Southern Downs/Granite Belt cycling news, my aunty just let me know about this one on facebook, a 100km charity ride from Glenlyon Dam southwest of Stanthorpe, to Storm King Dam to the east of the town. There's a 50km option as well, which I think would be popular as the elevation profiles are a bit scary!

http://www.thatdamride.com.au/pages/details.html
When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments- Elizabeth West.
ldrcycles

Postby Smithstreet » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:54 pm

ldrcycles wrote:This is the latest on the SDSR website-

SDSR wrote:SDSR's Steam Locomotive No. 971 is currently under going repairs from last years mechanical breakdown near Wallangarra.

Whilst these essential repairs are being undertaken, Queensland Rail Limited have kindly leased their C17 Locomotive No. 974 to SDSR for a short time.

This lease allows SDSR to continue to provide heritage steam train services, which in turn will help to raise the much needed funds to continue to repair 971.

I reckon it might be worth having a chat to them and seeing if they want to organise an official race as a fundraiser, i'd certainly be up for it :) .

In other Southern Downs/Granite Belt cycling news, my aunty just let me know about this one on facebook, a 100km charity ride from Glenlyon Dam southwest of Stanthorpe, to Storm King Dam to the east of the town. There's a 50km option as well, which I think would be popular as the elevation profiles are a bit scary!

I'd be up for the Dam ride if anyone else is keen.
Smithstreet

Postby elantra » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:29 pm

Smithstreet wrote:
ldrcycles wrote:............................................................................................................

I'd be up for the Dam ride if anyone else is keen.

I reckon that would be a good ride. Have done most of it in the past on other occasions.
Sealed road, relatively low traffic, undulating but no really massive hills, nice scenery, a few cattle grates to contend with. etc

Not sure if i would be free to do it on the 9th of Feb. :idea:
Usual problem various other commitments on most Sundays ...
"Technology gives us much more information but Education is never be able to give us the skill to evaluate it"
elantra

Previous

Return to Queensland