The BNA SEQ Weekend Warriors

cancan64

Re: The BNA SEQ Weekend Warriors

Postby cancan64 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:06 pm

I would look at it... It will be like a triathlon... Fly drive ride.. I can get more details tomorrow morning
“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:45 am

cancan64 wrote:I would look at it... It will be like a triathlon... Fly drive ride.. I can get more details tomorrow morning
that's a triathalon I can handle :mrgreen:

Metrogizual

Postby Metrogizual » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:10 pm

Hi gents. I'm new here. Looking for forward to joining you all on a couple of rides. :)

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:56 am

Metrogizual wrote:Hi gents. I'm new here. Looking for forward to joining you all on a couple of rides. :)
Lukeyboy has offered up a FREE Peaks Challenge on the 9th of Aguust. Am sure he will publish details here shortly.

cancan64

Postby cancan64 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:49 pm

For the morning of the Ekka holiday I am looking at riding Mt Nebo on the cx bike via the fire trails with the goat track thrown in on the return of anyone else is interested
“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’.

Ryanhyltoncummins

Postby Ryanhyltoncummins » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:02 am

If anybody is interested in riding some hills I'm planning to do Mt Mee for the first time Sunday. Looking to ride out via Lutwyche/gympie and come back through Samford & Settlement road. Leaving South Brisbane at 5:50. I'm not real quick I'm just lightweight so I go uphill alright to begin with. Average speed I would estimate around 26 for the whole trip.

https://www.strava.com/routes/3300956" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:13 pm

Hey Scot have you got a thread for your Not the Brisbane to Gold Coast ride? Cos i rode Sunday Creek Rd on the moto today and it was...interesting.
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:38 pm

No mate. Just the Strava announcement. I was going to do a recce in the new fourbie next week. How "interesting" was it?

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:32 pm

I'm writing a blog post now, but it was a lot worse than i was expecting. The first 2k are actually bitumen now, and up til the school campground the dirt is in fantastic condition, but after that it goes to hell in a big way. Like cobblestones but bigger and with jagged edges. It was so rough i was down to 1st gear and 10kmh on the moto. The last few kms have recently been graded for logging trucks, but then spread with loose pea gravel. With 32mm+ tyres and extreme care you would probably get through, but the chances of pinch flatting would be sky high, and it will take a hell of a long time.

I know i was the one who suggested it, and almost any price is worth paying to ride up the Jimna range, but it's right on the limit. Definitely check it out yourself and see what you think.

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:37 pm

ldrcycles wrote:I'm writing a blog post now, but it was a lot worse than i was expecting. The first 2k are actually bitumen now, and up til the school campground the dirt is in fantastic condition, but after that it goes to hell in a big way. Like cobblestones but bigger and with jagged edges. It was so rough i was down to 1st gear and 10kmh on the moto. The last few kms have recently been graded for logging trucks, but then spread with loose pea gravel. With 32mm+ tyres and extreme care you would probably get through, but the chances of pinch flatting would be sky high, and it will take a hell of a long time.

I know i was the one who suggested it, and almost any price is worth paying to ride up the Jimna range, but it's right on the limit. Definitely check it out yourself and see what you think.
Will try to get up thee next week. If its really crap Ill reroute us via Bellthorpe and maybe throw in Brandenberg.

I drove down Brandenberg today, on a family geocaching outing. I forget how good the views are from there.

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:11 pm

singlespeedscott wrote: Will try to get up thee next week. If its really crap Ill reroute us via Bellthorpe and maybe throw in Brandenberg.

I drove down Brandenberg today, on a family geocaching outing. I forget how good the views are from there.
Even better if you go all the way up to Eagle's Nest. :)

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:15 pm

Well, we've done group rides all across the southside and out west so how about something on the Northside (there's SSS ride don't forget) but for those with roadies how about a ride to Kilcoy and back via Mt Mee. We could make a couple exploring detours aswell near the dam/Stanley Creek. On the return we could go via Campbells pocket/Rocksberg/Petrie and back. That way if some are on time restrictions, tired or too hot they could easily bail at train stations anywhere along the Caboolture line from Caboolture-Bald Hills.
https://www.strava.com/routes/3455896" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:26 pm

I want to do that one Luke but have to see what cam's have me doing for my training schedule next month

Crawf

Postby Crawf » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:41 pm

jasonc wrote:I want to do that one Luke but have to see what cam's have me doing for my training schedule next month
Pro.
Got something planned, 3P's?

Keen Luke, but heat says nooooo.

cancan64

Postby cancan64 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:03 pm

I just need dates to see if it lines up with weekend with kids... Which by the way was last weekend... Normally

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:27 pm

Crawf wrote:
jasonc wrote:I want to do that one Luke but have to see what cam's have me doing for my training schedule next month
Pro.
Got something planned, 3P's?

Keen Luke, but heat says nooooo.
yeah 3 peaks crawf. going for a group slightly faster than my fitness would recommend

Crawf

Postby Crawf » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:48 pm

I did the CC 3P's in 2014, great weekend away.
By the last 30k there won't be any groups, just the limping wasted bodies of what used to be vibrant energetic cyclists.
Enjoy.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:59 pm

Crawf wrote:I did the CC 3P's in 2014, great weekend away.
By the last 30k there won't be any groups, just the limping wasted bodies of what used to be vibrant energetic cyclists.
Enjoy.
the last 30kms is where I hope my coot-thas come back into muscle memory. the first 10kms of falls is about equivalent to 5 coot-thas

cancan64

Postby cancan64 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:06 pm

Buderim 9 would be a good training run...

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:19 pm

Enjoy.
Perfect time to then attack!

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:24 pm

cancan64 wrote:Buderim 9 would be a good training run...
it's already been suggested

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:17 am

jasonc wrote:
cancan64 wrote:Buderim 9 would be a good training run...
it's already been suggested
Buderium 9 would be a drop in the ocean compared to 3 peaks. It's less than 1500m of climbing. I think you would be better served by repeats of Bellthorpe range rd. Steep and quiet. Perfect for hurting yourself and perfecting your descending skills
https://www.strava.com/activities/169188199" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:48 am

Mt Glorious would be better imho. And no I'm not saying that because I have koms there :P In reality 3 peaks is about the same elevation total as going from the goat track start to Sommerset road and back to the goat track start with a run up to Mt Nebo/Mt Glorious via the Goat Track. That's about ~4500m in climbing. Zupps to Lake Wivenhoe and back via Eatons Crossing is about 3.8k from memory.

Ryanhyltoncummins

Postby Ryanhyltoncummins » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:36 pm

Yes, from listening to stories from my old store owners. They did that ride in preparation for peaks challenge GC about 2-3 months out. Seemed to work for them to post 11.5hr times.

Crawf

Postby Crawf » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:45 pm

jasonc wrote:
Enjoy.
the last 30kms is where I hope my coot-thas come back into muscle memory. the first 10kms of falls is about equivalent to 5 coot-thas
Yep with 200k in the legs you have to do the equivalent of 4xCoottha backs in a row after W-T-F, put the biggest gear on your bike it will take, you're a solid guy, you wont regret it as you zig zag up ;)
Recently put a 32t on 6800 Di2 for a Japan Alps trip, there was much laughter directed at me initially, but guess who was laughing in the end.