Cairns: Cyclist hit by truck

Cairns: Cyclist hit by truck

Postby oxonabike » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:52 pm

Cyclist riding the popular Copperlode rd in a bunch was clipped by a truck and seriously injured late on Tuesday afternoon. Cairns Post story here, but pretty light on detail.
oxonabike

by BNA » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:26 pm

BNA

Re: Cairns: Cyclist hit by truck

Postby elantra » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:26 pm

That's terrible to hear. Please keep us informed.
"Technology gives us much more information but Education is never be able to give us the skill to evaluate it"
elantra

Re: Cairns: Cyclist hit by truck

Postby oxonabike » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:11 pm

A post from the victims wife on the Cairns Cycling Club facebook page, with a request to share, so:

I ask all my husbands friends in Cairns to PLEASE SHARE THIS. Firstly I wish to say 'Thank You to whomever witnessed this and took action. I cannot thank you enough! As you know I lost my beloved son in April this year and once again am experiencing a difficult and trying time. Last night I phoned my husbands mobile when he was late home from his usual Coperlode Dam training ride. A Cairns Base Hospital nurse answered his phone and told me my husband had been the victim of a Hit and Run. Now my husband lays in an ICU bed in an induced coma after surgey last night to stop bleading and repair a broken pelvis. His bruises and ribs will heal. He will have further surgery today most likely to remove the packs from his stomach. His pelvis has been pinned. I will find out about spinal damage. Apparently he was hit by an overtaking truck about 1 km from the bottom of Lake Morris Rd, whilst on his daily training run. It would be greatly appreciated if any news could be given to local police. Thank you,

After that recent episode in Townsville with a truck, you have to ask why is this still happening?
oxonabike

Return to Queensland