1.5m Qld Petition tabled October 28. Ride announcement.

1.5m Qld Petition tabled October 28. Ride announcement.

Postby The 2nd Womble » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:49 pm

Please share this if you can.

An initial call out to Brisbane cyclists.
As you may already know, the Queensland #survive1point5 petition calling for Richard's Law is being tabled in Parliament on October 28.
On the day I am asking you to honour the memory of Richard, Tanya Roneburg, Sue Bell and every cyclist who has been killed on Queensland's and Australia's roads this year and every year while doing what they loved.
All That is asked from you is that on October 28 you ride from anywhere in Brisbane, and place an inner tube on the fence outside Parliament House. At 10.49am, the time Richard was hit, a minute's silence will be observed.
This is not an organised ride with a set route. We'd rather you simply ride from any direction to Parliament House and show your support for the Queensland cycling community and for the introduction of Richard's Law.
To those who knew Richard and offered to play an instrument as a tribute to him on the day, I'd love to hear from you on the Safe Cycling Australia FB page, or you can email me at [email protected]
Until then we still have a Transport Minister who remains unconvinced of the need for vital change on Queensland's roads, so please sign and help spread the word. We still need every signature we can get.
RSD.
The only good Cyclist is a Bicyclist

Huge fan of booted RGers who just can't help themselves
The 2nd Womble

Return to Queensland