Brisbane Blasters Ride

Brisbane Blasters Ride

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:12 pm

Well, I got an invite to ride with this bunch of blokes through the week (invite only ride) and thought, why the hell not. :idea: To say I was out of my depth is an understatement! :lol:

These are a bunch of blokes and sometimes girls that have been on their bikes all the time and some of them I raced with. But me having been off my bike at one point for 30yrs and only riding twice a week if I am able to put be at a biiiiiig disadvantage for staying with any group rides I do. :(

This was todays ride and it hurt like hell but you know what, I still enjoyed it and that is what this sport/past time is all about. :wink:

http://app.strava.com/activities/101303790

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km
foo on patrol

by BNA » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:37 pm

BNA

Re: Brisbane Blasters Ride

Postby retrograded » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:37 pm

I seem to recall a regular Saturday ride (back in the early/mid 90's) from the old Toowong library that went by the name of Brisbane Blasters, is this the same group?
retrograded

Postby foo on patrol » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:46 pm

To be honest I couldn't tell you because until the last 4yrs I had been out of the scene.

This a pic of some of them, I'm on the far right, you know the one built like a Sloth. :lol:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km
foo on patrol

Postby thearthurdog » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:44 am

The old Saturday ride that went from the Toowong Library was known as the Blasters ride as I believe it was originally set up by John Whip who owned / managed the Blasters (he's a good man). The ride would do a northside loop one week and a southside loop the next. Would often get 100+ people turn up.
Cervelo s5
Giant Trinity Composite 1
http://www.crosswindmissile.blogspot.com.au
thearthurdog

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:09 pm

That's John 3rd from the left and still a top bloke. :wink:

Foo
Goal 6000km
foo on patrol

Postby DavidI » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:28 am

foo on patrol wrote:To be honest I couldn't tell you because until the last 4yrs I had been out of the scene.

This a pic of some of them, I'm on the far right, you know the one built like a Sloth. :lol:

Foo

You're no more sloth-like than I am!
And yes, the Blasters race squad grew out of the Toowong Library rides back in the late 80's/early 90's, the Blasters then begat the FFAST club (due to QCF regulations) - I still have my original FFAST team kit, it was just a pair of standard Axo knicks and an Axo jersey with "FFAST" screen printed on it. I'm a looong way from fitting into that...
DavidI

Postby foo on patrol » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:55 pm

You'll go far mate.:mrgreen:

Foo

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk
Goal 6000km
foo on patrol

Return to Queensland