- Posts: 3185
- Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 am
A great way to maximize the use of the early sunrise, cooler night and morning temperatures, lighter traffic on the roads and a train at a station to finish at 3am. Anyone keen for something?
- Posts: 97
- Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:06 am
If its around 150km and not too difficult, I would be interested.
- Posts: 2099
- Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:01 am
- Location: Trying to avoid the Brisbane traffic.
But alas many of us have other commitments that night.
Bear in mind also that there are a lot of hot heads and loose nuts on the roads that night.
etc etc etc.
But if you must then your options would include Nerang to Beechmont to catch the sunrise, then return.
Or Petrie to OceanView (Mt Mee) to do the same.
There is a nice park looking east at upper Beechmont (popular with the gliding crowd) and i think there is something similar at OceanView/Mt Mee.
- Posts: 122
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:48 am
- Location: Brisbane
Lukeyboy wrote:... going for an epic afternoon/night ride...
How epic ? If your thinking 300k with 4k of elevation , I'm definitely in!
We could start down the Gold Coast head to Springbrook - Beechmont - Binna Burra - O'Reillys - North Tamborine - Back to Brisbane via the V1.
I have serious lighting that can burn all night long and it would be a great way to see in the new year.
- foo on patrol
- Posts: 5779
- Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:12 am
- Location: Sanstone Point QLD
- Posts: 2039
- Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:12 pm
- Location: Southside Brisbane
- General Australian Cycling Topics
- Info / announcements
- Buying a bike / parts
- General discussion
- The Bike Shed
- Cycling Health
- Cycling Safety and Advocacy
- Women's Cycling
- Bike & Gear Reviews
- Cycling Trade
- Stolen Bikes
- Bicycle FAQs
- Serious Biking
- Audax / Randonneuring
- Retro biking
- Fixed Gear/ Single Speed
- Electric Bicycles
- Dragsters / Lowriders / Cruisers
- Children's Bikes
- Road Racing
- Road Biking
- Time Trial
- International and National Tours and Events
- Cycle Touring
- Touring Australia
- Touring Overseas
- Touring Bikes and Equipment
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Country & Regional
- The Market Place
- Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales
- Want to Buy, Group Buy, Swap
- My Bikes or Gear Elsewhere
- Cycling Brands
- Cell Bikes
- Malvern Star
- Santa Cruz
- Custom Builders
- Generic Carbon
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users
About the Australian Cycling Forums
The largest cycling discussion forum in Australia for all things bike; from new riders to seasoned bike nuts, the Australian Cycling Forums are a welcoming community where you can ask questions and talk about the type of bikes and cycling topics you like.