Riding from Murrarie to Crestmead

Riding from Murrarie to Crestmead

Postby auswi2 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:51 am

Good Morning,

I live in Crestmead Brisbane South and work in Murrarie which is a 30km trip.

I was going to ride from Creek Road from Murrarie to Newman Road and then follow logan road to get home and same route going to work. When I have driven that route Newman Road from Carindale to Mt Gravatt is very narrow and no cycling shoulder.

Have any other cyclists ridden this route or part of it especially Newman Road and can you advise if it is safe to ride day and night

Thanks
auswi2

by BNA » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:46 am

BNA

Re: Riding from Murrarie to Crestmead

Postby marinmomma » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:46 am

I would advise against using Newman Rd, no shoulder anywhere along the length of it...

Keep going up Logan Rd to where Creek Rd meets and use Creek Rd instead, there inst a huge amount of shoulder on Creek Rd from Logan to where it crosses Newman/Cavendish Rd however it's mostly downhill and less traffic.

Creek road from Mt Gravatt East through to Carindale has a good verge, it can be littered with glass in places, after you cross Old Cleveland Rd there are a few places where it narrows, mainly to where Meadowlands Rd and Stanley Rd's are.

I've used these road either on weekends or early morning M-F , although have commuted from Mt Gravatt East on Creek Rd and Logan Rd in the afternoon on a couple of occasions.

Hth
Lisa
marinmomma

Postby auswi2 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:36 pm

Thanks for that reply,

I will try that route and see how I go

Thanks
auswi2

Postby dclnmurray » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:27 pm

Will be slower but you could try Murrarie - Murrarie Crit Track - Bulimba Creek Bikeway under Meadowbrook Rd and turn off towards Scrubb Road. Carry on Scrubb Rd and turn into Wecker Road, back onto BCB and follow the track over Holmead Road at Wishart and then come out at either Logan Road there or carry on track to come out near the RACQ centre.

This route will be longer and slower but you won't mix it with the cars until well past the busy sections.

Dave
dclnmurray

Return to Queensland