Popular Bike Shops
Join the Cycling Forums on Strava
Australian Cycling Forums on Strava
Latest Reviews and Articles
Will your next bike be Intelligent? ABS and Smart Bike Tech
Vitus Vitesse EVO Disc Review – Speed Machine indeed!
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:22 pm
I have taken a look to the wikipedia and Bureau of Meteorology statistics but from here (Paris) it still remains somewhat abstract and direct information would be helpful.
My main question concerns the rain gear. What gear would you recommend for this period? For instance, is It necessary to take the rain poncho I usually carry?
Thanks for any bit of advice!
- Posts: 10017
- Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:08 pm
- Location: Brisbane, Queensland
- Posts: 2103
- Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:01 am
- Location: Trying to avoid the Brisbane traffic.
Along the coast if it rains in May it will be "warm" rain.
Ponchos are horrible in these conditions.
Personally in the rain i use a "THERMAL" long sleeve singlet.
This keeps me warm in most conditions.
Obviously you need a change of clothes when you get off the bike because you are wet. but warm.
Could be a different story though it you get too far inland, where it gets colder.
- General Australian Cycling Topics
- Info / announcements
- Buying a bike / parts
- General Cycling Discussion
- The Bike Shed
- Cycling Health
- Cycling Safety and Advocacy
- Women's Cycling
- Bike & Gear Reviews
- Cycling Trade
- Stolen Bikes
- Bicycle FAQs
- Serious Biking
- Audax / Randonneuring
- Retro biking
- Fixed Gear/ Single Speed
- Electric Bicycles
- Dragsters / Lowriders / Cruisers
- Children's Bikes
- Road Racing
- Road Biking
- Time Trial
- International and National Tours and Events
- Cycle Touring
- Touring Australia
- Touring Overseas
- Touring Bikes and Equipment
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Country & Regional
- The Market Place
- Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales
- Want to Buy, Group Buy, Swap
- My Bikes or Gear Elsewhere
- Cycling Brands
- Malvern Star
- Custom Builders
- Generic Carbon
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users