Sylvan Rd upgrade - E-petition

beauyboy

Sylvan Rd upgrade - E-petition

Postby beauyboy » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:33 am

http://www.epetitions.brisbane.qld.gov. ... ew/pid/168" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have had it with Sylvan Rd and the inaction that is occurring. As such last night I put in an E-petition for Sylvan Rd to be upgraded with protected Bike Lanes. As I did this in hast (to get it up and running for Bike week) I do acknowledge some of the wording in the petition could of been a bit better. I honestly did not expect it to go up so quickly.

Remember for you signature to count you have to click on the link in the confirmation email. Otherwise your signature will be ignored!
BCC give us some more bikeways fore safe travel!!!!
Upgrade the NCL now QR!!!!!!
http://nakedcyclistbrissy.blogspot.com/
My views do not represent any organisation I may be apart of unless otherwise stated

master6

Re: Sylvan Rd upgrade - E-petition

Postby master6 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:26 pm

Good work Beauyboy

Dragster1

Postby Dragster1 » Tue May 13, 2014 3:12 pm

Many thanks for being proactive instead of whining 8)

GH

Postby GH » Tue May 13, 2014 9:19 pm

As above, yes thank you for initiating this. Petition signed.

Bartek

Postby Bartek » Wed May 14, 2014 1:54 pm

Is it worth signing from other states, or will they just ignore those?
Sinner Mango Sport RE
KMX Viper
Trek 350

dontazame

Postby dontazame » Sat May 24, 2014 5:15 pm

Thanks beauyboy. Signed it.

Perhaps 1,000 cyclists a day play Russian roulette on that road.

Even with the 2011 road works, it is impossible to avoid the door zone and leave enough room for passing motorists. In any event, the usual illegally parked cars make the whole thing academic.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/(AT)-27.480 ... !2e0?hl=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It amazes me how much of our time and money governments waste on making sure we do enough for our own safety – e.g. building inspections, pool fence inspections, smoke alarm inspections, fire safety drills, electricity inspections, etc, etc.

But when it comes to things they are solely and entirely responsible for, they take enormous risks with our lives. An employer that risked the lives of its workers like the BCC risks the lives of the same people commuting to work would be strung up.

A couple of real simple things the BCC could do include:
1. Banning all parking on the city bound lane and moving all lanes across.
2. Dropping the speed limit to 40kmph.

Dragster1

Postby Dragster1 » Sun May 25, 2014 1:20 pm

dontazame wrote:Thanks beauyboy. Signed it.

Perhaps 1,000 cyclists a day play Russian roulette on that road.

Even with the 2011 road works, it is impossible to avoid the door zone and leave enough room for passing motorists. In any event, the usual illegally parked cars make the whole thing academic..
I get the most abuse of all the roads that I use on this road because I just take the whole lane when I see people getting out of cars. I have almost been doored a couple of times.

dontazame wrote: It amazes me how much of our time and money governments waste on making sure we do enough for our own safety – e.g. building inspections, pool fence inspections, smoke alarm inspections, fire safety drills, electricity inspections, etc, etc.

So true I often wonder if there is a hidden agenda in all this

Smithstreet

Postby Smithstreet » Sun May 25, 2014 2:33 pm

beauyboy wrote: I do acknowledge some of the wording in the petition could of been a bit better.
could 'HAVE' been a bit better.
could HAVE..
could HAVE..

Sorry, I thought that I should point that out seeing as it's International Bad Grammar Week!! :D

rant over