Toowoomba group rides

Toowoomba group rides

Postby Ruby » Mon May 19, 2014 7:10 am

Hi there,

I am heading to toowoomba this week in support of the local tour and am looking for friendly folk to ride with. I will be located in town but I can't quite work out what local club or shop rides are on offer.

Will be in town Wednesday to Sunday so any suggestions appreciated.

Or are there any safe routes I can take on my own later in the day?

Ruby

by BNA » Mon May 19, 2014 11:50 am

BNA

Re: Toowoomba group rides

Postby elantra » Mon May 19, 2014 11:50 am

I reckon your best best will be to check out some local bike shops, some of them are sure to know of regular bunch rides.

There is also a purpose built criterium track on the outskirts of Toowoomba, i have not seen it yet myself as it is quite new.
https://www.facebook.com/ToowoombaCriteriumCircuit

Years ago i used to like doing a circuit which included Greenwattle Rd, somehow across to the Uni, then somehow cross the Main South Rd (Ruthven St) and proceed for a few km along Rowbotham St to finish up at Picnic Point.
A lovely ride, but that was more than 20 yr ago and it might not be as nice now.

I am sure you will find interesting areas, but stay clear of most main roads that run in the east/west direction, Especially James St. :x
"Technology gives us much more information but Education is never be able to give us the skill to evaluate it"
elantra

Return to Queensland